Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePaul Simon songs for wedding

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Nikki
Oct-22-2008, 20:31 GMT
France

Nobody!!! How could I have forgotten? Yes Runar, perfect music, perfect lyrics. I´m so excited for you :-) It sounds like it´s going to be a beautiful wedding.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 680 ]

jocke
Oct-22-2008, 20:42 GMT
Sweden

wouldn´t I Do It For Your Love be a good song?

Runar
Oct-22-2008, 20:53 GMT
Iceland

I Do It For Your Love has the right lyrics but I kinda feel that the atmosphere of the song is too pessimistic, maybe I´m just nitpicking here but for me it seems that it would be more fitting for sad movie with this kinda romantic bittersweet overshadow but not a wedding in the summer under the midnight sun. Thanks for the tip though.

Nikki
Oct-22-2008, 21:11 GMT
France

I agree, it´s a bit melancholic. It´s a bit of a challenge with Paul´s songs actually cos they´re so multifaceted. It´s hard to find something with the right lyrics and the right melody / atmosphere. And then there are some songs where half the verses would be great but the other half not so great cos it´s bittersweet.
"A wedding in the summer under the midnight sun" - wow that sounds like a dream Runar!

DannyJ  
Oct-22-2008, 21:22 GMT
United Kingdom

Nobody has to be the best suggestion yet IMO... good call.

jocke
Oct-22-2008, 21:28 GMT
Sweden

Darling Lorraine would be great for a sad/happy movie ending

Klausi
Oct-23-2008, 08:20 GMT
Germany

"I Do It For Your Love" is, as most songs on the album Still crazy, not sweet at all and about Simon`s divorce. "Love emerges and it disappears". No wedding song.

Nobody is great, and Song For The Asking too. Runar should sing it for his wife Late In The Evening.

Runar
Oct-23-2008, 12:41 GMT
Iceland

Yeah, I´m really looking forward to it. I chose to do it in the garden on the farm where my grandparents live(I´m an atheist so I don´t like the idea of doing it in the church), the place were I spent a lot of time when I was a kid. The place is great, with all those trees and grass and Old building.

Thanks for the help and I have to say that I really envy you of your meetings and connection with Paul. I went to London in 2006 to see him and again in Reykavik in 2008 but I never met him.

Nikki
Oct-26-2008, 22:18 GMT
Canada

I always request Cecilia at weddings...it seems to always get everyone dancing and singing along.

Alain
Oct-28-2008, 11:28 GMT
France

At our wedding we started dancing with "America" ...it was in 1971 ... oh my god!

Kelly Shew
Oct-28-2008, 23:55 GMT
United Kingdom

why pick individual songs? just play the essential Paul Simon album! done! lmao!

erm, just dont play Overs, i mean thats not an apropriate wedding song.. that or you ahemed up my life.. that aint good either...bah!

Kelly Shew
Oct-28-2008, 23:57 GMT
United Kingdom

hold on, Darling Lorraine??? oh yeah great choice! i hate you and your Old and saggy? nah!!.. well maybe... no deffo no!

Scaaty  
Oct-29-2008, 10:49 GMT
Ireland

But that is the very essence of marriage, that despite being Old and saggy and rows that person is still who you want to be with!

Jeroen
Oct-29-2008, 13:28 GMT
Netherlands

Dear people,

I guess the only songs that have a clear positive perspective on the bond between two people are those he wrote just prior to his latest marriage: Proof (albeit a bit cynical) and The Coast. Nobody would be a bit too much about suffering loneliness and longing. Darling Lorraine, as Kelly rightly states, I deem highly inappropriate since it deals with a very arrogant man who doesn´t discover his Love until he learns about her impending death.

jocke
Oct-29-2008, 15:42 GMT
Sweden

well maybe train in the distans isn´t a song for a wedding..

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread