Bottom

HeadlineNew You´re The One DVD + CD

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Bodo  
Oct-27-2008, 21:05 GMT
Austria

Eh - the CD must be a double CD.
So that might be the reason for the different track order?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 213 ]

Bodo  
Nov-02-2008, 12:00 GMT
Austria

Have you bought this CD/DVD no matthew? The CD has only 21 tracks (I posted in the news)...so I´m not going to buy this one.

matthew  
Dec-09-2008, 23:11 GMT
United Kingdom

I have put it on my Christmas list but I don´t know if I am going to get it yet!

Obviously, I would prefer a double-CD with all the tracks on and no DVD as I already have the DVD!

matthewsemple
Jan-03-2009, 01:24 GMT
United Kingdom

Well I had this item for Christmas. It has one DVD with 26 songs and one audio CD with 21 songs.

There are lots of spelling mistakes are on the cover, including Souls instead of Soles and on the CD listing, but not the DVD, it says Hurricane Eyes.

On the plus side, it is compatible with PlayStation 2 and Regions 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6!

Certainly one of the strangest re-releases for some time! A double-CD and no DVD would have been much better.

Ian
Jan-03-2009, 09:52 GMT
Unknown

Hi Matthew,apart from the missing songs,have they sequenced the tracks in the correct order? Also,is the CD mixed well,sonically speaking.

Bodo
Jan-03-2009, 11:31 GMT
Austria

Hi

Do you really think this is an official release? I mean, is there somewhere a Warner Logo on it? (and not a fake Logo...)?
I sometimes really wonder, because I can not believe that they would make such obvious spelling errors on a official CD. It more looks like as if they put together this whole thing in China. Also this re-release of the Tower concert DVD does not sound very legit to me.

matthewsemple
Jan-03-2009, 15:58 GMT
United Kingdom

Yes it is an official release. It has Warner logos on the case and on both the discs. It is manufacted to a very high quality with coloured printed discs and all the printing on the discs and the cover is very clear and professional. There are details of all the songs with the publishing and songwriting credits which are all accurate. There is also a list of all the other titles available in the Sight & Sound Series.

The item was manufactured in the EU and not in China. I just think whoever put it together didn´t Proof-read it properly and it was probably manufactured in a country where English is not the first language.

I have not played the DVD yet but the audio CD has a very good quality sound.

I also have the new Live at The Tower DVD which is called Live From Philidelphia. This is also a very good quality item with no errors in the packaging. The DVD inlay card is very glossy and printed on both sides. The DVD menu is basic but readable and professionaly laid-out, unlike the copies from Korea that are sold on eBay for a higher price that this new one.

It is definitely not a bootleg. It is copyright 1981 Peregrine Inc (the original label) and it has been releasedd under exclusive licence by Eagle Vision using their ev Classics label. This is a well known company that produces budget releases of films, etc after they have been out a few years.

If you have not got the Tower DVD yet, I would highly recommend getting the ev Classics version as it is version-free, unlike the US version, and it is much better than the Korean copies (that have the You´re The One picture on the cover).

Ian
Jan-03-2009, 16:22 GMT
Unknown

Thanks for all the info Matthew. I already own the original release[or one me them at least] of the ´Tower´ Dvd,and while the picture is serviceable,the audio is only a dual channel output of half the stereo image. Just terrible. I will certainly buy the new authentic version.

matthewsemple  
Jan-03-2009, 16:29 GMT
United Kingdom

Hi Ian, just seen your questions.

The tracks on the CD are not in the same order as the DVD - for example The Teacher is track 21 (the last track) rather than track 8 as it is on the DVD.

There is no speaking or band introductions and the tracks are faded out at the end to remove most of the audience applause. However the quality of the audio is very high and the CD lasts just over 79 minutes which is near the maximum amount acceptable to normal CD players.

On the subject of Warners, it has a Warner number - 2564694059 - and it says "Also availble in separate packaging. Discs not to be sold separately" plus lots of other stuff in the small print about copyright and copy-protection which you wouldn´t usually find on a bootleg.

If you have the DVD of You´re The One in Concert already, this doesn´t add much apart from a CD for playing in the car, etc. but if you don´t have the original DVD this is worth buying as it is exactly the same as the original DVD at a very low cost plus the extra audio CD.

matthewsemple  
Jan-03-2009, 16:49 GMT
United Kingdom

Hello again Ian, the new DVD, Live From Philidelphia has DTS (Digital Stereo Surround), Dolby Surround 5.1 and Dolby Digital Stereo. There is also one of those Audio set-up menus which is missing from the copy I bought from eBay.

I think that when the Region 1 DVD was released for the US market a few years ago, bootleggers stepped in to produce versions for Europe and made them by taking copies from the Laserdisc version.

The only thing this new version does seem to be missing is the biography section which was advertised as being part of the original DVD.

Ian
Jan-03-2009, 21:10 GMT
Norway

Thanks again Matthew,I was going to ask if there were several audio options(5.1,DTS etc) on the ´Philadelphia´ disc,and seeing that there is,I´ll order it later on today. I do already own the ´You´re the One´ DVD,but I´ll give that copy to my sister perhaps and buy the new CD/DVD set for myself. One hopes with these re-releases and re-packaged items appearing,that the next ones will be ´Concert In The Park´ and ´One-Trick Pony´ on DVD,with all the surround options and special features also. Wishful thinking I guess.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread