exist.

For meeting other fans still, try the newsgroup:
http://www.vcu.edu/news/alt.music.html
or Bodo?s fanclub-board:
http://www.paul-simon.info

Thank you all for your long lasting Love and support for Paul Simon and
this club!
Greetings from Evelyn"

Thats?s always sad to lose a PS place !Thanks again for all, Eve and all the great moments we have shared on NLS

Nathalie

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 329 ]

miriam
Jan-23-2004, 19:08 GMT
IP:
Germany

That?s really sad...Especially because the same thing already happened when NaLS was still located at Excite...I wonder why they decided to shut down all clubs...

Bodo
Jan-24-2004, 16:53 GMT
IP:
Austria

I also don?t understand that. And it? really nerving because we all loose so many things when this club is closing now.

I have started to save all the pictures from the NALS club now to upload them later onto this site.

Micky
Jan-25-2004, 04:17 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

WOW! I can?t believe that..When?

Hugs

Micky X

Nathgertsch
Jan-25-2004, 10:16 GMT
IP:
France

I don?t know exactly : I?ve just got this mail from Evelyn.

Nathgertsch
Jan-25-2004, 10:16 GMT
IP:
France

Very nice idea Bodo !

Bodo
Jan-25-2004, 12:40 GMT
IP:
Austria

on February 12 AFAIK...
It?s written in red letters on the top page of the club.

Julie
Jan-25-2004, 13:31 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

It?s not a place I used to visit very often so I?m not too upset that it?s closing but it made me think how I?d feel aboutthis place or amps suddenly closing down. It?d almost be like a bereavment !!

Nathgertsch
Jan-25-2004, 13:53 GMT
IP:
France

The first NALS was a great place where we used to have great talks and chats too. I have met wonderful people there and I?ve remained very good friends with some of them. Then, the club had to move, Evelyn had less time to manage it and little by little, everybody has started to leave this place but for sure, I will never forget it ! :-)

Evelyn
Jan-26-2004, 10:40 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Hey everyone,
I just wrote down a few words concerning the closing of the club and wanted to post it here, and now I see, there?s already a discussion going on about it!
Well, I?ll simply copy the words.

Paul Simon fan-club at Lycos closes

As Lycos closes all clubs on February 1st, there won’t be an online Paul Simon club anymore.
As the founder of the club (originally located at excite), I think I should say a few words as a recall of the good Old times, and the reasons why I don’t go on elsewhere with a new club.

On the one hand, I’m not as active anymore as I once was for the club anyway, for I’m very occupied with Lord of the Rings-stuff.
On the other, it really makes me sad that the club simply closes.
The club and its members have been a part of my life for about five years now, which is a looong time (also in internet terms)!
I’m remembering all the great chats we had in the chatroom, the funny and interesting photo-discussions, the wonderful fanclub-weekends offline, the concert-and-rumours-discussions, all the contributions by other fans, the CD-tree, collecting reviews, the annual presents for Paul’s birthday…
Also, I think of the Love-couples who met in the chat – I guess there must have been six or seven couples over the years!
Not to mention the general friendship and understanding between the members of the club. I never saw (or been a part of) a nicer and friendlier community!
You, the members, made this club special.
Everyone who uploaded a photo, made a posting in the discussion boards, shared his ideas about Paul’s music, planned and went to meetings, chatted with others, exchanged rare songs, brought other members to the club, went to concerts with others from the club, has been an active part of it.
Thank you all for your love and support, for both Paul and the club!

Special thanks go to Esther (iebie) from the Netherlands, Miriam (OneTrickPony) from Germany, Katy (paulsimonrules) from the USA, Pat (patcancilla) from the USA, and Erwin (E.W.Hans) from the Netherlands.
Esther, Miriam and me met Paul himself after the concert in Hamburg during the ‘You’re the one’-tour, which was THE perfect day, and will forever be one of my most wonderful memories.
Miriam was also the first Paul Simon-fan I ever met in real life, and, saying it in Paul’s words “from the music it went back to other values that we share.”
Esther was the one who had the idea of the “Book of letters to Paul” which she completed and gave to his assistant in his office in NYC herself, and we had the same thoughts during chats in exactly the same seconds so often that I can’t count it.
Katy is one of the persons I spent hours and hours with, chatting and discussing Paul’s music and lyrics over and over. I never met her in real life, but her version of “Kathy’s Song” still makes me burst into tears, cause it’s simply wonderful. You got a great talent, Katy, and I love your voice!
Pat is one of the nicest persons in the world. I share a lot with him, but the beginning of our friendship was our love for Paul’s music. Pat, you made NY a special place for me, and in my memories, NYC will stay the same forever.
Erwin is probably the one, who made it possible for me to hear most of the rare songs of Paul myself. (Send greetings to Hana, Erwin!)

One may ask, why I don’t go on with the club elsewhere, if I’m so sad to see it closing its gates, as we already did when we moved from Excite to Lycos. It’s simply the reason that I don’t have the time to invest all the power an efforts again.
But hey, if anyone is about to start a new club, I’ll be the first to be a part of it again.

Thanks to all the members of the club. You’ve been one of the most important part in my life for a long time, and I’ll miss seeing you in the club.
Let’s hope that we meet elsewhere again.
Our paths may be divided, but our love for Paul’s music will go on.

For auld lang syne,
Cheers, Evelyn.

~~~ Grey ships pass into the West ~~~

Evelyn
Jan-26-2004, 10:44 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Oops, sorry, for these ’t-signs in the message, it?s simply a ? -sign in the text I?ve written in Word, I?ve no idea why they appear like that here.

Nathgertsch
Jan-26-2004, 14:15 GMT
IP:
France

Thanks alot Eve : a very nice tribute to all the members :-)But I didn?t know there were so many couples there ;-)Maybe it was due to the so nice atmosphere... :-))

Nathalie

Evelyn
Jan-29-2004, 01:11 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Hi Nathalie!
Dind?t see you for a long time!
Yes, I?m sure it was because of the nice athmosphere of the club.
It?s really amazing how it worked; I never realized that until I got to know other communities!
Greetings to France!
Evelyn

iebie
Feb-01-2004, 15:24 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Hi all!

Irt is indeed sad that NALS finally closes. Yet I have to say that Bodo made a beautifull place here and I am glad that I see many familiar faces here:-)

Evelyn, I still notice that we tend to think alike. NASL has been a place where I met great people to share a passion with and which was so open and kind. And though Paul is still fairly present in my music collection, other things take up my time now, more than this. Yet I always look for latest news here and I won?t let Paul out of my sight:-)

We?ll see each other again, I am sure, online and offline.

hugs,

Esther

Micky
Feb-04-2004, 03:23 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Hi Evelyn and Esther

It?s very sad that this is happening. I had another kind of site opened in Lycos myself and due to doing other things hadn?t been around in a couple of months. What I couldn?t understand was why wasn?t an email sent out to those who?d set up these places, if it hadn?t been for NOMG I would never have known about it until it was too late.

Yes, very sad that NaLS is to close; but like you I started getting involved in other things and so didn?t visit as often and then I stopped. But Paul does still feature in my music listening very much and I do keep a finger on the pulse of whats happening in the world of PS.

I think I shall stop now I?m rambling.....lol

Thanks for the great site Evelyn like Esther I met some great people there.

Hugs

Micky

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread