www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineIs someone interested in webspace?

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo 
Jan-20-2004, 16:35 GMT
IP:
Austria

I would re-sell webspace to finance more space for this site (more videos and mp3´s - without having banners or advertisement)

I would for example sell 100MB of space for 10$ per year (for private pages) - that are 83 Cent per month.

I don´t profit from that, at the time I pay 85$ per year for this page privately.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 298 ]

Ans Koenen
Jan-21-2004, 16:58 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I don´t know if it is possible but when I would buy webspace from you could I use it for saving videos and mp3´s on it so I would be sure I can´t lose them again when our hard disk would brake down because it happened once and I lost everything, I´m not an expert on computers.

Bodo
Jan-22-2004, 10:17 GMT
IP:
Austria

Well yes you could - althought I think it would be an easier way to just burn a few CD´s and save the videos there. Webspace is more for sharing these things, private websites or for example photo collections to show them to your friends (I transfer all my photos now to webspaces, it´s just easier to show them to friends and I don´t have to take the pictures with me)

Ans Koenen
Jan-23-2004, 19:50 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Well Bodo, I think we talked about this earlier but could there be another way to give you more space on your site. Maybe you could work with members who have to pay a little bit to see and download some valuable clips and music and you could still share some clips and music with the regular visitors. I am just thinking of a way to support your website because I think we have so much profit from your website me for instance, I had the opportunity to make new friends here and I think a lot of us like the quiz, the forum and the chatroom very much and you have to do all the work like the problems with the quiz so it seems only fair to me if we could share some costs to give you some more webspace without having banners or advertisement. Or are there some other solutions like buy some webspace where you could put some clips/music and give a link so that other fans can download them there. These are only some suggestions I don´t want to say what other people have to do.

Bodo
Jan-24-2004, 16:46 GMT
IP:
Austria

Thanks Ans for your suggestions.

Well, to let people pay for downloads wouldn´t be ok I guess. Also this is too complicated. I now had the opportunity go get a lot of space for a really cheap price and so I thought I could give away half of this space and use the other half for the site.

Another way of getting some money would be a page with advertising (like for example Paul Simon links to amazon where you can buy CD´s and books.. but I don´t think that this will bring any money)..I could try it, but they only pay you if a lot of people click on these links....
hm, I could ask every visitor to click at least on 1 banner every day to support the video and mp3 downloads... maybe that works, what do you think? (but that´s advertisement then...)

Ans Koenen
Jan-24-2004, 18:23 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

You could try that, it´s the most fair way I guess as long as you are okay with advertisement.

It´s your site, I just want to support it because I don´t like the idea that all the costs and work are for you and we only use it.

So if there´s anything I could help you with you can let me know. I´m only not an expert on computers but with some help I could manage it I think.

Bodo
Jan-25-2004, 13:29 GMT
IP:
Austria

I´ll look in the next day´s which banner programms would fit to the site. I don´t like POP-up´s, so I´ll maybe only make text-links to CD´s, DVD´s and books... but then every visitor should click 1or 2 times per day on such a banner..hm... maybe I can connect every download with such a click.

BTW. It could be that the site will move in February to another host. I´ll let you know all when this will happen, because during that time maybe the link http://www.paul-simon.info points to the wrong site and also maybe all forum entrie´s made in that time will get lost.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread