Bottom

HeadlinePaul in New Zealand

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Josie
Aug-02-2008, 22:36 GMT
IP:
New Zealand

Does anyone know if Paul plans to come out to the Antipodes? I would so Love to see him here in New Zealand, and would even be willing to make the flight to Australia if he showed up there. I mean, he´s my favourite musician and I´ve NEVER seen him perform! It´s really starting to get me down. That´s the trouble with coming on the scene this late! I am 16, and I am so afraid that Paul will retire before I get to see him!

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 403 ]

Nikki
Aug-03-2008, 19:53 GMT
Italy

Hi Josie, well hopefully he´ll still go ahead with his plans for the australia tour in march next year. he told me they were planning it in person and so did his manager in taormina. i´d imagine he´d play in a few other countries too while he´s over in the other hemisphere, so fingers crossed for nz :-) and its nice to meet other young fans, i´m only 19 myself.

jocke
Aug-04-2008, 20:23 GMT
Sweden

did he tell you that he´s gonna do another tour next year to?? :O

Matthew
Aug-05-2008, 13:01 GMT
United Kingdom

Wow - he is planning to tour Australia. I might have to go there myself to see that. I have seen Art Garfunkel in Sydney, so maybe I should see Paul there as well.

Bonnie
Aug-06-2008, 00:49 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Nikki,
I read your review of Taormina and loved your perspective. I read the other reviews of the same show and understand that they didn´t feel the same and that´s okay, but your review was the one that hit me the most. Sorry you felt as you did, but thank you so much for sharing your take on the evening with us.

Josie
Aug-06-2008, 04:55 GMT
New Zealand

Hullo Nikki,
He told you in person that he was planning to go ahead with his Australia tour plans! Wow! I am GREEN with jealousy. But oh so hopeful for Paul coming to NZ. I agree with you, it´s so wonderful to meet other young Paul Simon fans, for I often find my own generation very disheartening in their lack of knowledge of Paul and/or Simon and Garfunkel. "Who are Salmon and Groper?" I was asked yesterday. Very depressing!

Nikki
Aug-06-2008, 21:13 GMT
Italy

lol salmon and groper huh? were they new zealanders too or were they having a little bit of trouble with the accent :-)

Bodo  
Aug-07-2008, 12:54 GMT
Austria

Hey, I think that was Austria, not Australia ;)

Ah, I always mix up these countries, I´m sure Paul does too :) I guess he was talking about the Austrian tour he is doing, because he could not play at Eisenstadt.

Mireille
Aug-07-2008, 20:53 GMT
France

I hope for you Bodo, but .... don´t know ;-)

Mimi
Aug-07-2008, 21:05 GMT
Austria

Hello Bodo,

Welcome home to Australia eh Austria!

Nikki
Aug-07-2008, 22:19 GMT
Italy

lol maybe he´ll do both.

also i´m here in florence and its my first night here so went for a wander around the city, and guess what i came across?

in a little piazza in the middle of florence there was a busker (american) with a group of ppl gathered around. I sat down to listen and he started playing... mrs robinson, me and julio, Homeward Bound, just guitar and a soft voice with Paul / Artie´s singing from the loudspeakers. Lol who would have thought...

Josie
Aug-08-2008, 04:39 GMT
New Zealand

I don´t think they were having trouble with the accent: I think they were just general, all around nincompoops.
I´m praying for a Paul concert in NZ and Australia! (And Austria, too, as I wouldn´t want all Paul´s Austrian fans to be left out.)

Matthew
Aug-08-2008, 11:39 GMT
United Kingdom

Reminds me of an Australian I met who complained to me that people in Europe were surprised he spoke such good English. "But we speak English in Australia" he complained to someone who had asked why he didn´t speak German.

Mimi
Aug-08-2008, 12:28 GMT
Austria

Once they made T-Shirts saying "No kangoroos in Austria!" They were very popular, especially with tourists. At the time, when people still were sending postcards from their holidays we rather often got theses cards via Australia. They had their own stamp in Sidney there: Missent - Forward to Austria/Europe.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread