Bottom

HeadlinePaul was so GREAT!

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

melograna
Aug-02-2008, 10:25 GMT
IP:
Italy

In my last news I wrote : Paul was no great! I am sorry, I wanted to write he was SO great! He is fantastic.. I Love him!! I hope you can understand. ciao ciao from Italy.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 456 ]

Jupira  
Aug-02-2008, 13:23 GMT
Brazil

Bodo,the edit bottom, pleeeese!!
Some slip-ups can be dangerous...

Nikki
Aug-02-2008, 16:12 GMT
Italy

Hi guys - i am so glad you and paul had a great time in rome because taormina was a disaster. I wrote a review by hand as soon as I got back last night but will type it up now. Its very long but please do read it, i think it´s important that we recognise how wrong it can all go and why.

Claire B
Aug-02-2008, 17:01 GMT
France

Hi Nikki, what happened in Taormina ??? I´am getting anxious, please post your review asap ! How can a concert go that wrong ? By the way, I was glad to read you rewiew about Lorrach, it seemed to be so great. Lucky you !

Nikki
Aug-02-2008, 17:38 GMT
Italy

Hi claire. I´ve just posted it. have a read, I think it should prove interesting.

Mireille  
Aug-02-2008, 19:53 GMT
France

Nikki, that´s incredible ; difficult to understand what happens... what a bad last european concert for him and the band too ! and for you, hope you´ll keep a good feeling and souvenir of Lörrach. So, now, enjoy your trip in Europe and nice to meet you again in Paris.

Nikki
Aug-02-2008, 20:22 GMT
Italy

Merci Mireille, cest vraiment gentil de toi d´essayer de me faire remonter le moral car je suis tjs en choc je crois. Jespere que je me sentirai un peu mieux demain. Mais oui cest absolutment incroyable, ce qui s´est passe a Taormina

Nikki
Aug-02-2008, 20:32 GMT
Italy

oops sorry wrong forum. in english - thank yo mireille! or in italian, grazie :)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 455 ]

Kerstin  
Aug-02-2008, 21:01 GMT
Germany

Nikki, I´ve just read your review. I´m so sorry it turned out that way. And so very sorry for Paul that he had to experience this. How could this have happened? If at least there had been another good concert after this so he wouldn´t have to remember the last concert to have been like that...

Scaaty
Aug-02-2008, 21:26 GMT
Ireland

I felt a bit the same about the cork show, thought I think there were enough fans close the stage to prevent Paul seeing or hearing the lack of interest. I think its time he started playing at smaller venues and in some way make sure that genuine fans go.

Cécilia
Aug-02-2008, 23:32 GMT
France

Nikki, I´ve just read your review and it´s so sad... What a terrible ending for the tour... I´m so sorry for Paul. I saw him so happy in Paris... In Paris, there were empty seats too, but the audience was so great that it didn´t really matter. I hope Paul will remember all the great moments he had on that tour rather than the last concert in Taormina...

mog
Aug-03-2008, 00:53 GMT
Canada

Thank you to Nikki for this detailed review.

Oh well...these things can happen. I am sure that is not the 1st time and not the last one that PS meets an unresponsive audience. It is not the end of the world and not very high on the scale of human suffrances.

I hope Paul will be able to return eventually with a strong album. It might be a source of concerns when it is always so easy to get front row tickets at his shows. Although it is nice for all of us...

Mickie
Aug-03-2008, 02:17 GMT
United Kingdom

Nikki ~ Firstly thank you for sharing what must have been very difficult to write.

How ignorent were those people and what a terrible end to what seems to have been an excellent tour. Poor Paul, he must be feeling so down about this, but at least some were taking some notice. Just shows how polite Paul is because many stars would have had some choice words for that ignorent bloke on the mobile/cell phone.

Nikki don´t let this over shadow your previous experience, it was very special and that was proved at this one when Paul remembered you. At least he had one friendly face.

LateBjart
Aug-03-2008, 11:15 GMT
Norway

I read your review yesterday,Nikki. Thanks a lot for the insightful words. You seem to be a true fan.

I am truly shocked and appalled over the way the sicillian audience treated Simon and the band. That kind of disrespectful behavior (like the moron with the cellphone) towards one of the greatest singer-songwriters in history just makes me a little sick. Maybe the audience just didn`t get it? I am willing to explain some of that on the lack of english skills in most of Italy. On the Rome concert, the young couple sitting next to me didn`t understand what I was talking about when I asked the simple phrase: "are you big fans?". I guess they couldn`t possibly understand much of Simon`s lyrics, which is a shame, because his lyrics is half his value in my opinion. So, if you don`t know what Simon`s words mean I guess the songs themselves will have reduced value for the audience. Still, the Rome fans treated Paul with respect and without a doubt had a LOT of fun during the concert.

I think your concert review pretty much sums up the different roots to the problems. Thank you.

Rune, Norway

Duncan6
Aug-03-2008, 12:01 GMT
Spain

I think music are feelings, these feelings flow trough your throat, your guitar, your piano...and then the audience get the experience of listening to this, and then understand the feelings of the songwritter, just listening to his feelings almost directly...This is a beautiful experience, and I don´t think that being an English-speaker you would be more sensitive to paul´s music, I think paul´s music go beyond of this matter. If you speak english it would help to understand those feelings I was talking about, but it´s not the whole matter.
This is my sincere opinion, but well, LateBjart, I think that being an english-speaker can help us to undertand feelings

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread