Bottom

HeadlineEisenstadt canceled

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Ans
Jul-23-2008, 19:43 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

This is terrible for the fans in Austria, is there a chance for a rescheduled date?

I´m so sorry for you Mimi.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 449 ]

Ans
Jul-23-2008, 19:59 GMT
Netherlands

http://www.esterhazy.at/de/kultur/veranstaltung-sc
hlosspark.htm

Ans
Jul-23-2008, 20:01 GMT
Netherlands

So no new date, I´m very sorry. I hope some of you can see him somewhere else in Europe.

Mireille
Jul-23-2008, 20:20 GMT
France

what a bad news.... So, I´m sorry too, Mimi !
What happens ? what is the reason (sorry, I don´t understand german language.. ? Please, Ans....

Kuno
Jul-23-2008, 20:23 GMT
Switzerland

The show was cancelled for safety reasons. They are expecting very bad weather (I assume thunderstorms etc) and therefore they had to cancel the show. There is no other date.

Mimi
Jul-23-2008, 20:40 GMT
Austria

The show was canceled due to heavy storms in the area up to 100 km/h. It would have taken place in the park of the Esterhazy Castle and there are lot of big Old trees there.

I really was frustrated in the afternoon when I heard about it. But my husband and my sister in law decided that they will drive to Lörrach on Saturday with me. So we got the tickets now and we have got a place for our kids to stay so I hope that it will work this time.

But I better don´t think about it that I would be sitting in the first row in Eisenstadt right now instead of sitting in front of my laptop at home...

Ans
Jul-23-2008, 20:44 GMT
Netherlands

I can understand your feelings Mimi, but I´m very glad for you that you have another chance to see him in Lörrach.

Andras
Jul-23-2008, 20:52 GMT
Hungary

I hope no one else has been so stupid to traveled to Eisenstadt but me...

I left Budapest at 11 am, and checked the web pages before I left. I arrived back at 9 pm.

It was really stormy and rainy in Eisenstadt. I spent a half an hour on the Bahnhof, and then went to the castle. Just before th lat turn on the street I met Charley Drayton under a great umbrella. I ran to him and ask whether he is the one who plays the drums in Paul´s band. He told not today. So he was the first one who told me the bad news. We have no comfortable Possibilities to speak much, because we both had our umbrellas. So after one minute we went on or ways. But they obviously had their hotel somewhere around. No mood and strength to look after.

Anyway Eisenstadt organizers seems to be exactly so slow and funny like PAul´s management.

We will get back the money for the ticket to the concert, but of course not the price of the train and so on.

Paul should come to make another concert! Do you vote for that? :)

I have unfortunately no time left and no money for another concert...

Mimi
Jul-23-2008, 21:02 GMT
Austria

I was on my way to Vienna when I heard in the radio about the cancelation of the concert.

There were informations about the possibility of problems from about 9:00 clock on because of the storm warnings. But first they said, that the concert will take place. Then there was another site visit from the authorities and they said no and that it would be too dangerous because of the trees. I would not blame the organizers. They tried to rescue the concert but what can you do when the weather doesn´t permit it.

Andras
Jul-23-2008, 21:13 GMT
Hungary

OK, but the weather forecast told the strong wind and the heavy rain already three days ago. They are pretty good nowadays. :)

I was ready for it, decided to take raincoat with me.

If they know about the problem, they could try to find another place with no trees, Or even a hall.

But at least to arrange a phone-line.

OK, I was stupid, anyway... And I am just angry. OK, Mimi, I will not blame the organizers.

Mireille
Jul-23-2008, 22:30 GMT
France

Mimi, just to try to be positive... : as you´ll drive to Lörrach,may be you´ll meet some french fans from this site as Alain and his wife Anita, Lionel, Richard, Anicroche from Belgium and Nikki from Australia, who will arrive tomorrow morning in Paris and join the band friday in Strasbourg to go to this show. I´ll meet Nikki tomorrow evening as... I have her own ticket !
Sincerely hope you´ll enjoy this concert.

Klausi
Jul-24-2008, 07:55 GMT
Germany

Sad! I remember a show in 1991 canceled for the same reason in North Germany at the sea. (Entenwerder). The tickets were either valid for Dortmund next week or paid back.

The result was chaos in Dortmund, Nobody knew how many fans from the canceled show would come, finally more than expected, some had to sit behind the stage, many were not right on time in the big hall, Paul was already playing - "Obvious child" and so on, like Central Park. He did not knew this.

Tickets for Lörrach at ebay were very cheap, definitly not sold out.

Lateintheevening
Jul-24-2008, 11:58 GMT
Hungary

Hello PaulPals!

I was also so fanatic to travel to Eisenstadt to see him!I became soaking wet,thanks God to not caught a cold...I´m feel so sad I can´t express.I Love him and to singing "together" with him is a gift always.
It´s funny that my papermade Paul,which hangs always in my neck
at concerts still remained in perfect condition bacause I rapped in a nylon bag and saved-covered by my body too:)perfect bodyguard:)
Eisenstadt is a beautiful town,I walked around the Park and however,I sang some songs in the rain!!!Nobody was around me...The audio conditions was perfect I must admit it:)
Sadly,I haven´t money for other concerts...but the most important:to whistle,to sing his songs and the feelings for him...
"They can´t take them away from me"

God Bless You Fans!Greetings from Hungary!

Jupira
Jul-24-2008, 16:29 GMT
Brazil

I´m really sorry for you guys... Hope a new chance can appear for you soon. To Mimi and the others trying second time,my true wish of good luck!

nancy
Jul-24-2008, 17:58 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Maybe the cncert will be resceduled.What a disappointment.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread