www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineDid anyone go to the July 5th show?

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Jon
Jul-06-2008, 02:23 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

setlist?

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 383 ]

matthew
Jul-06-2008, 12:20 GMT
United Kingdom

Yes I was there - it was amazing.

I´ll try to remember the set list - something like:

Gumboots
Boy in the Bubble
Outreageous
Mystery Train
Mrs. Robinson
How Can You Live In The Northeast
Slip Slidin Away
Me & Julio Down By The Schoolyard
You´re the One
Duncan
The Sound of Silence
The Cool, Cool River
The Only Living Boy In New York
Graceland
Father and Daughter
Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes

Encore:
You Can Call Me Al

Not sure if that is the right order. It was a reduced setlist. When he came back for the encore he said - "We´ve got time for one more song. Well actually we can do loads of songs but you lot have a curfew so we can only do one more!" Then he did ´You Can Call Me Al´

Massive crowd (loads of people came to the festival just for Paul Simon and turned up just before his set) Everyone was dancing and singing along and when he did the less well-known songs, people listened without chatting.

All in all, very good. Shame he didn´t do more songs but I am just about to leave for Liverpool so not worried about that!

Jon
Jul-06-2008, 12:34 GMT

thanks....I don´t really understand those curfews being American....I know that Bruce got into some trouble just on the 4th of July in Sweeden by not only going over the curfew by about fourty five minutes, but blowing the hell out of the arena he was in!

matthew
Jul-07-2008, 22:17 GMT
United Kingdom

I am not sure what the curfew is but it possible that the festival only had a licence for music up to 11pm or something - so that local residents wouldn´t complain.

Scaaty
Jul-08-2008, 00:17 GMT
Ireland

Why does being an American (I presume you mean US american and speak English and not from french speaking Canada, spanish or portuguese speaking Americas) prevent you understanding the word curfew?

Jon
Jul-08-2008, 00:40 GMT

i know what the word means but we don´t have them here so i could never imagine a concert or any other event, perticularly on a weekend, ending because of a curfew

Scaaty  
Jul-08-2008, 00:54 GMT
Ireland

I doubt that! Most parents would have curfew on their kids in most countries, and ask a few of your fellow citizens about curfew..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curfew

matthew
Jul-08-2008, 13:01 GMT
United Kingdom

"i could never imagine a concert or any other event, perticularly on a weekend, ending because of a curfew"

Two words - Resident´s Association. I know you´ll know what that means because they have one on Desperate Housewives!

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread