Bottom

Headline3rd July Cork

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Scaaty
Jul-04-2008, 00:11 GMT
IP:
Ireland

Just back from the concert - Paul in great form, will post review later. Set list a small bit different. Ungrateful Irish very noisy during ROTS and YTO songs:(

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 378 ]

jocke
Jul-04-2008, 00:55 GMT
Sweden

thanks for the reiew and set list Scaaty! great to hear that paul is in a good mood,how long did he play?

Jon
Jul-04-2008, 03:05 GMT
USA - United Staates America

thanks for the review....in listening to last nights show, i had some preliminary thoughts

...Love the intro to mrs robinson with mystery train

...like the new me and julio better than the Old version

...really like still crazy with the organ, it sounds like a blues brothers version!

...enjoyed I Know What I Know

...loved the solo Sounds Of Silence

...only negative is this newer version of diamonds...when we saw the gershwin show last summer with that beautiful rendition with LBM, i thought the original version was here to stay...i really miss that guitar lick that opens the song...oh well cant´ have everything

looks like it´s gonna be a great tour!

Rosie  
Jul-04-2008, 13:59 GMT
Ireland

I was this concert also. it was a great show. i was right up the front.. no one in front of me. Paul looks great. he played for a little over two hours. at the end of the gig i got one of pauls plecs :D:D

josh
Jul-04-2008, 16:11 GMT
Ireland

loved the changes.... Spirit Voices, cool cool river, The Teacher. i agree with scaaty about the chattering. i was at the very front and during the quieter songs there was constent humming. i had a great time though.

Jupira  
Jul-04-2008, 16:24 GMT
Brazil

Cool,Scaaty.BTW,Irish being noisy is not a rule???
Just kidding...

Ans
Jul-05-2008, 10:43 GMT
Netherlands

Thanks for the reviews, especially the last one written by Robert. I agree with him 100%. But you don´t have to feel too bad about the Irish audience, there are more countries where they act the same way and sadly don´t understand and appreciate Paul´s solo music, in my mind they are lazy people, too lazy to evolve themselves, sad but true.

SueR
Jul-05-2008, 13:37 GMT
United Kingdom

I agree with Robert too, very interesting review - thank you. Let´s hope when we see him in Liverpool tomorrow night, it´ll be ´the right man, in the right place´ at the new Echo Arena - and that he´ll sing Homeward Bound for Liverpool.....please Paul.

Rosie
Jul-05-2008, 16:17 GMT
Ireland

i uploaded a bit of mystery train and mrs robinson from the concert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rizR7TPkd60

Mimi
Jul-06-2008, 10:40 GMT
Austria

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/the-sound-
of-silence-would-have-helped-1428512.html

Nikki
Jul-06-2008, 13:13 GMT
Australia

Thanks for the links guys. Paul was wearing a fedora! And he looks older... but I guess that´s not meant to be a Surprise. That´s a real shame about the audience´s lack of receptiveness towards new material though. You´d think they´d at least have the politeness to not chatter, wouldn´t you?

scaaty
Jul-07-2008, 14:33 GMT
Ireland

another review
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2008/
0707/1215207500468.html

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread