Start a new Thread

Bottom

Headline1st july 2008, Reykjavik

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

AuthorComment

Ans  
Jul-02-2008, 17:59 GMT
Netherlands

And how was your vacation in the USA, especially New York, how was your little pilgrimage of Paul?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 249 ]

Kuno
Jul-02-2008, 18:18 GMT
Switzerland

Hi Ans :o)

First I wanted to start a new thread about my trip, but nothing major happened so I answer here...

First of all I have to say that NYC was simply great ! Have been in a lot of cities, but immediately fell in Love with New York City.
Regarding Paul, well I was at Bleeker Street, the 59th Street bridge, Central Park, saw the Statue of Liberty and I was at the brill building. But there I only met the guy at the "reception". He told me that Pauls office is there but that paul wasn´t around. I then asked whether there was a sign of Pauls office of which I can take a photo. But apparently there isn´t. I was allowed to make a pic of the lobby though...and of course from the outside.
So, as expected, I didn´t meet Paul.
But fortunately I met another "star". Later on the trip I met Mayim Bialik in Monterey. She was starring the 90s TV series Blossom. As I was a huge fan of the show, it was quite fun to meet her :o)

Kalli
Jul-02-2008, 18:18 GMT
Iceland

I was there too. My first PS concert. Although I´ve seen the Tower Theater concert from 1980 and the Concert In The Park on DVD. I loved the band. Especially the drummer, the percussionist and the bassist. The two guitarist were good too although the one from Cameron appeared to be not sure of the form sometimes. The other guitarist came through as the band leader.The keyboard/Accordian/Trumpet/Guitar-player wasn´t any Richard Tee on the dreaded synthesized Rhodes sound but was very lively on stage. And Andy wasn´t any Mike Brecker neither when it came to the solo in Still Crazy. Tough shoes to fit into, I know! Paul was great, I´m still kinda starstruck since yesterday, but in few songs he wasn´t quite in sync with the rest of the band. It was noticeable in Slip sliding and maybe two other songs. And sometimes it felt as the and didn´t know how to end a specific tune. Don´t get me wrong, I loved the concert and the band. I´m just nitpicking. The sound was great and one of the more experienced radio dj´s here in Iceland said on air today that this was the best concert ever here in Iceland. Big words ´cause we have had many big artists up here.Great concert and now I have to find more info on the drummer.

Rosie  
Jul-02-2008, 18:39 GMT
Ireland

Yeah scaaty i´m going too :D can´t wait... i would´ve liked to see Cecilia on the setlist.. because jamey hadded is playing.. but who knows he might just add it in :)

Kalli
Jul-02-2008, 18:55 GMT
Iceland

I would have loved Cecilia too and some people were a little disapointed not to hear 50 ways but hey, Gadd wasn´t around. I just spoke to a friend of mine that attended the concert last night. He goes more often to concerts than I do and he said this was the best ever. So there you have it.

Kuno
Jul-02-2008, 19:07 GMT
Switzerland

First (good) video of last nights show:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qr8qm1-JmeE

Ans
Jul-02-2008, 19:31 GMT
Netherlands

Paul with hat! a bit too far away to see properly but it looks great. Nice to see the Mystery intro and cool guitarwork from Paul on the instrumental part of Mrs. Robinson.

Nice that you had a good time, meeting another star is also great :) I loved NYC also instantly when I was there this spring. Saw the same places as you did from Paul, there is a small plaque in the Brill building that mentions the floors and Paul´s name is on it next to the 5th floor. I also found a big picture of Paul in the Radio City Music Hall.

Kerstin  
Jul-02-2008, 20:10 GMT
Germany

Thanks for sharing the setlist. Sounds great! Now I´m really looking forward to Stuttgart.

Jon
Jul-02-2008, 20:35 GMT
USA - United Staates America

so was it the new version of diamonds or the Old one

jocke
Jul-02-2008, 20:57 GMT
Sweden

thak you very much for the set list! I´m gonna see him on sunday:D I´m sooo looking forward to it!

Runar
Jul-02-2008, 21:24 GMT
Iceland

Hi, nice to meet another fan from iceland. I have been a little lonely here for the last years.

I saw his concert in London 2006 and I have to say that yesterday was the best concert I have ever attended and that is probably not going to change soon. I was really pleased to see that he can still manage to maintain a world class performance at the age of 67. He did screw up a little, somtimes not knowing what songs he was going to play but that was so minute compared to the greatness.

The setlist was fantastic and I loved the ROTS tracks.

Kalli
Jul-02-2008, 21:35 GMT
Iceland

Paul with hat reminded me of Negotiations and Lovesongs. I expected a baseball cap.

io
Jul-02-2008, 21:57 GMT
Iceland

HAHA! You´re right! I´ve recordered the entire show. I´m going to upload to dime soon.
Great that you noticed what I had written

Scaaty
Jul-03-2008, 00:36 GMT
Ireland

quite a percussionist sound to Mrs R, not sure if I like it but maybe in real life we´ll see. As to the hat I wonder if Paul was taking his cue from Leonard Cohen who looked really cool with a trilby, overcoat and scarf ..... Irish summers don´t you know!!

io
Jul-03-2008, 00:47 GMT
Iceland

Here you are. Dime is such a complcated site to use!

Hope you enjoy, sorry for my random yelling..

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread