Jun-24-2008, 17:48 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Let every one write a joke said by Paul on stage or TV which he loves best

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2793 ]

MichaelM
Jun-24-2008, 22:32 GMT
USA - United Staates America

In Berkeley California in 2006 it was a chilly night for an outdoor show in October. Between songs, a towering heat lamp was moved closer to Paul by a stage hand. He looked up at it and laughed and then said: "All I can think of is ´neath the halo of a heat lamp"

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2792 ]

Belle  
Jun-25-2008, 06:50 GMT
Unknown

That was really funny..Paul got a good sense of humour

josh
Jun-25-2008, 08:44 GMT
Ireland

i don´t know whether it was a joke or not but i thought it was funny: in dublin in ´06, after singing Homeward Bound, paul said to the audience: "you sing it better then i do!"

Klausi
Jun-25-2008, 10:42 GMT
Germany

In late 1990 when filmed during his rehearsals before the "Born At The Right Time tour" he answered the unavoidable question about working with Garfunkel.

"Well, there are quite a few Garfunkels".

In fact, since then he collaborated with even more great musicians than ever before. (But also with AG.)

Dylan, Nelson, Eno etc.

Belle
Jun-25-2008, 11:20 GMT
Unknown

There was a clip of Paul in a Muppet Show,think in the 80s..with Paul strummin and singing to Scarborough Fair & Ms Piggy was singing the chorus.."Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme"..and she was gettin impatient rounds of the chorus. I find that hilarious though, its not a joke.

Ans
Jun-25-2008, 16:08 GMT
Netherlands

After the introduction from 1.40 min. on BBC2 in 2006 Paul said: "That intro was longer than our entire set!"

Scaaty
Jun-25-2008, 17:24 GMT
Ireland

He is a very good mimic, there is one piece on an S&G compilation where someone asks about playing a beatles song and he mimics one of the beatles talking back to them. Also in one recent interview (England) the presenter and himself are joking back and forth through the complete discusion. he puts on an English accent saying "Oh the Garfunkel question you´re going to ask me the Garfunkel question!"

Peter
Jun-25-2008, 17:58 GMT
USA - United Staates America

His muppet show performance is one of the funniest things he has ever done. I especially remember when he walks on stage and there is a booth with a muppet in it. There is a little lever (leever) on the desk of the booth. Paul pulls it, and the muppet falls thorugh a trap door. "Oops," he says, "there must be 50 ways to Love your lever!"

Belle  
Jun-26-2008, 02:04 GMT
Unknown

Hi Peter, that was really hilarious..i´m reading and laughing now. Thanks man!

maslick
Jun-26-2008, 09:28 GMT
Unknown

In 1984 Concert in Illinois he said the following:

i´m on the road now, so im gonna sing a couple of road songs ... The first songs comes from One Trick Pony album and is called Jonah and the second song is back from the Simon and Garfunkel days..(here he starts playing Jonah)...Oh, i have to tell you this, too. This is what happened with me on my way here. This is.. this is the road.. Passing through the security. The last place i played was.. Detroit.. passing through the security - you know that.. in the airport there are metal detector to make sure you dont carry knives and ..magnets and things to .. hijack planes. This is .. this is the conversation i overhear. There´re two security people there - a young man, a young woman and they´re the security people. And she says - ´isnt that Paul Simon?´ i hear it as i´m passing through. And he ..ha .. he said - ´far from it´ :)))

and the last thing that he said i didnt catch but smth like this:
i know exactly what he meant, too

michiel sent this concert to us - so it´s worth listening it!!!

Simon
Jun-26-2008, 11:53 GMT
United Kingdom

When asked what it was like to jam with Jimi Hendrix at Monterey in 1967, Paul deadpanned.."I know I didnt lead..

On the role of "producer" Bob Johnson for the SOS and Parsley Sage albums, "He was there only to see who wanted a chicken sandwich".

Micky
Jun-26-2008, 21:45 GMT
United Kingdom

Hehehe, yeh Paul has a great sense of humour, only wish I could think of some right this minute to add to this lol

maslick
Jul-06-2008, 19:36 GMT
Unknown

Thanks to all who mentioned The Muppet Show 1980..
i´ve just seen it from the beginning till the end!!!
it´s absolutely hilarious!!
i recommend everyone to watch it :)) it´s about half an hour.. Paul´s very smart there :)

Forum guest
Jul-04-2009, 13:29 GMT
United Kingdom

Nick from Widnes England writes: Paul Simon can take a joke or two see Saturday Night Live for example

He appears at thanks giving as aturkey singing Slip Sliding Away then stops saying people take me so serious but goes on to say the turkey costuime was a big mistake.

Also Paul has been on the documentary The Rutles and joked about meeting them. (Ruttles Eric Idel parody of the Beatles)

The in joke about nightmare producer on the Paul Simon Special with Charles Gorden was fantastic.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread