Bottom

HeadlineCHF´s 2008 Gala

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Ans
May-13-2008, 20:06 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

This year the CHF Annual Gala will be held June 12 with Paul as host and performer.

http://www.childrenshealthfund.org

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 404 ]

Ans  
May-13-2008, 20:09 GMT
Netherlands

This will be interesting for us Europeans to see who will be in Paul´s band for this summer.

Bodo
May-16-2008, 12:53 GMT
Austria

Thanks Ans

BTW: I think the only position we do not know about at the moment is the drummer.

My hint for the rest of the band

Mark
Vincent
Bakithi
Tony
Jamey Haddad
Rob Schwimmer
Andy Snitzer
(and maybe even Jim Hynes and Jay Ashby..but I guess their parts will be done by Rob Schwimmer)

drummer could be Robin DiMaggio?

Ans
May-17-2008, 21:23 GMT
Netherlands

I would agree with this band :)
Paul is doing several jazz festivals which means he can use Jamey Haddad very well in his band, I also hope Rob Schwimmer will be in the band, he is a great player. I don´t think Jim Hynes will be there, don´t know about Jay Ashby. Robin DiMaggio would be a good choice.

Nikki
May-18-2008, 04:27 GMT
Australia

What about Adrian? It seems like the tour will also be a summer holiday for the family so he might make a few appearances on percussion - or back up vocals for Father & Daughter as on the CD?

Andras
May-19-2008, 20:46 GMT
Hungary

I just wonder about Mark and Rob... For any musician it is extremely difficult to make two programs a night. It means two stage-rehersals and absolutly no breaks at all. They are very desperate if they play a solo program and then in the band at Montreux.

Ans
May-20-2008, 06:13 GMT
Netherlands

I think they see it as a challenge. They are both very good musicians and young enough to do it. Thereby it´s only one evening and there will be at least a little break between the 2 performances. At the festivals the sound-checks will most likely not be that long.

Bodo
May-20-2008, 12:19 GMT
Austria

why no breaks Andras?
Most of the time there is a long break between the opening act and the main act.
And for the rehearsal - think 1 rehearsal would do it, they play with the same instruments on the same stage... I think the opening act will not be longer than 30-40 minutes, so this might not be the problem.

I hope Pauls part is not shorter because of the opening acts....

Ans
Jun-13-2008, 18:32 GMT
Netherlands

Sofar I found no reviews but the first pictures showed up at http://www.jamd.com/search?text=paul%20simon

I can´t see who the drummer is and the guitarplayer on the left, it´s not Mark Stewart. Too bad there are so few pictures of the band...

Mimi
Jun-14-2008, 09:20 GMT
Austria

The only thing that I have found so far is this "video" of rehearsels.

http://9greenbeans.blogspot.com/2008/06/these-days
.html

By the way. The yellow light in the pictures looks really funny. A little bit like a halo.

Nikki
Jun-14-2008, 12:26 GMT
Australia

Thanks for the links guys! And wow - is that a new arrangement of The Boxer he´s singing in the video? It sounds sooo different, I´m not sure that I like it, but I guess that means there will be a few surprises in store for the tour. In any case, can´t wait to see him!!! He looks oh so good in the photos (though I see that´s he´s due for a haircut again... lol)

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread