Bottom

HeadlineBAM Talk with Philip Glass

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Sharon
May-08-2008, 01:26 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

Posted new pictures from the BAM talk last May 5. I was very lucky to have gotten a seat right in front, however, as it was to the right of the stage, Paul´s back was turned away from us the whole show, and I was right in the line of sight of several BAM staff. Was only able to take pictures when the Q&A started, since people moved around etc. Will post more details if people are interested. Lovely evening. Paul and Philip are so smart, articulate, creative! PS I was able to record the talk :-) Will try transferring from celphone to PC, but so far it hasn´t been working. I´ve only been able to transfer the first 49 seconds, but I have the whole 79 minutes of the talk, but not the Q&A part, since I needed my phone to sneak in some shots.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 342 ]

Jon
May-08-2008, 04:06 GMT

Did Paul play any songs??

Ans  
May-08-2008, 06:12 GMT
Netherlands

Thanks a lot Sharon, I would Love to hear some details of the evening. And great that you could record the conversation, I hope you can transfer it to your pc. Nice pictures BTW.

Sharon
May-08-2008, 07:51 GMT

Unfortunately, no. It was disappointing towards the end, because apparently, Philip Glass and Paul Simon went over the alloted time. So, this BAM staff member started waving her hands and whispering loudly, asking them to stop. What made it bad was that both Paul Simon and Philip Glass were on a roll and it was really, really interesting at that point, where they were talking about their experiences in creating music with non-Western musicians.

Sharon  
May-08-2008, 07:52 GMT

Thanks! I´ll get to transferring it as soon as school work is done...

Robert
May-08-2008, 13:50 GMT

What a great opportunity for you. I would Love to hear some of the dialogue or a summary of some of the q´s and A´s from Paul. Did Paul talk about any of his future plans?

Richard
May-08-2008, 17:55 GMT
Unknown

Sharon, thank you for posting the photos. (You are lucky the BAM staff didn´t see you-- they were really rude to me at American Tunes because I tried to take pictures.)

Along the lines of Robert´s question, did PS talk about writing or recording anything new?

Mimi
May-08-2008, 19:53 GMT
Austria

It would be great, if we could hear that!!!! Thanks for your work, Sharon.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread