www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineArt Garfunkel to perform in Sweden!

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Bodo
May-16-2008, 12:29 GMT
Austria

Yes, I remember I wrote these rules because of a few discussions like that one we had 3-4 years ago.

The rules do not say that Art Garfunkel fans are not welcome. They say: If you can not accept the devotion of these Paul Simon SOLO fans too their star ... better visit http://www.artgarfunkel.com

It is somehow the question if you prefer vanilla ice cream all time, or pepper with strawberries.
BTW: I should be more intelligent nowadays and stop writting in this thread like Klausi did. It was a small joke, nothing more - that should be acceptable. No one wrote: Go away with that idiot you are not allowed to post that here. It was just said that personaly Klausi (and me) would not buy a new hearing aid for that concert.
And I had the feeling that this joke was also made, because now we have so many great news about a Paul Simon tour, everyone is going to buy his tickets (including flight tickets for me because I also would need a new hearing aid for Paul Simon after so many same shows), that this message about a Art Garfunkels solo show could just loose.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 294 ]

Bodo
May-16-2008, 12:41 GMT
Austria

BTW: I found it nice that they reunited, but I wasn´t blew away with the result (In fact it looked like an typical reunion-act with Old audience and old stars)

What most of you S&G fans can not see, or do not want to talk about is that Art and Paul had different reasons to do that IMO.

Art wanted a real reunion, he wanted (still wants) S&G back, as they existed in the 60s (I can only speculate about the reasons: midlife crisis, back to his earlier life, wants to get more attention). And he does not stop saying this in interviews.

Paul did this tour to repair their friendship. And he clearly showed with his last album that his artistical direction is COMPLETELY another one. He never ever said that he will do anything more with Garfunkel, well he even said that this is their final tour to close the S&G aera.

Having these 2 people with their very different opinions, you can not say that finally the fans should overcome and all vote for another S&G reunion.
Well: My personal opinion now - I even do not think that Art and Paul are the best friends, I mean they are long time friends and respect and like each other and sometimes meet each other, but I guess Paul has other people he likes more to hang around with. Pretty like me: I like more to hang around with Paul Simon fans than S&G fans, but hey, even my gf likes S&G (okay I showed her some PS solo concerts and she was pretty more impressed then...so she will think about that one :-D

Ell
May-16-2008, 14:09 GMT
United Kingdom

I think it`s like any band ` everything feels fresh after a time, the differences are forgotten, they do a reunion and then it turns slightly boring again......for Simon.

I can`t imagine that Paul Simon will ever write an album worth of songs for the sake of Garfunkel, but I also wouldn`t like to miss out on another `My Little Town`.

Rock & Roll!!

HÃ¥kan
May-21-2008, 13:33 GMT
Sweden

To summarize this discussion: "You shall have no other gods before me"
I get the message.

jocke
May-22-2008, 01:56 GMT
Sweden

I know how all of you feels about this question, but it´s has gone to far! can´t we just stopp? this is ridiculous now-hasn´t Hà¥kan and Bodo talk about this to much? even though I´m think Hà¥kan is right about the Artie talk on this site, but it has gone to far! so pleas stopp fight! you only get mad at eatch other.!

LuisM.
May-22-2008, 19:45 GMT
Spain

In Spain we use to say: "Nobody is bitter for a sweet". I only think that Art Garfunkel is sweet but many times little bit sickly. Syrup over honey...
I was lucky to watch S&G in Madrid (1982), but didn´t want to see Garfunkel alone 3 years ago (really, I´m not interested in his career, except perhaps any songs from everythin waits to be notice).
Now I´m really excited waiting for July 11th, I´ve got the tickets for the "palais des sports" in Paris.
That´s only my point of view.

Scaaty  
May-23-2008, 13:16 GMT
Ireland

This should sum up the arguement for once and for all
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20041669_20041686_20041659,00.html&h=400&w=300&sz=40&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=y3_jj6P9VqbcqM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dart%2Bsidekick%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DN
No Gods just performers and sidekicks

Scaaty
May-24-2008, 00:29 GMT
Ireland

if there is anyone in ireland who is interested AG is performing in vicar street in Oct. http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/735151/?search_r
edirect=art%20garfunkel&tm_link=tm_header_sear
ch

Lovely venue I´m looking forward to when Paul decides to keep to small intimate venues. Bob dylan performed an exclusive concert here a few years ago prior to playing at a football stadium. Tickets were like gold dust

Jon
May-24-2008, 01:23 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Scatty you gonna see Springsteen?

Scaaty
May-25-2008, 23:43 GMT
Ireland

No I not that big a fan of his ... yet he seems to do a great concert here. If it had been a slower year on concerts maybe. Still wondering should I go Tom Waits, tickets on sale on Tuesday

HÃ¥kan
May-29-2008, 15:27 GMT
Sweden

Springsteen? Who?

Scaaty  
Jun-17-2008, 00:43 GMT
Ireland

anyone who has tickets for Leonard cohen - you´re in for a big treat. He was brilliant and I saw him after he had already done two nights - A real gentleman, band fantastic and backing singers sublime as he said himself esp his co writer sharon robinson
http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/061
4/breaking24.html

Ok not exactly Paul Simon - put under if you like PS then you might also enjoy....

marfa
Oct-07-2010, 23:51 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Oh finally I find an answer. You don´t
like going back to the 60´s, well if
Paul didn´t like it, he wouldn´t be
doing it, I know how it feels to be
half and half, as I was catching up on
Paul´s career, I found I didn´t like
the songs as much instead of liking every single song in the early albums.
Part of that is not liking Broadway,
which explains Capeman, and not liking African, Peruvian and whatever
all mixed in together. He can still
write great songs, I hope they have
some on the next album which would
be Rhythm Of The Saints and I think
skipping straight to Graceland because I knew I liked that first
hearing it when I started this collection in 2008.

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread