Bottom

HeadlineTaormina Teatro Greco

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Bjoern
Jul-28-2008, 17:39 GMT
Germany

Hi Jozsef and Nikki,

I´m going to sit in Fila D - Posti 14-16 together with my father (that means Row 4 - seat 14-16 i think). I have no idea when or where we can meet. I have to be considerate of my dad. Maybe you can make a Suggestion about a meetingpoint etc.

greetings
Bjoern

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 270 ]

Nikki
Jul-29-2008, 16:44 GMT
Switzerland

Hi guys - I´m flying to taormina tomorrow and I´d Love to meet up before the concert. Maybe just at the entrance to the teatro? I´m thinking of going there early in the afternoon too in case there´s another sound-check / mini-concert like at lorrach!

Bjoern
Jul-29-2008, 18:44 GMT
Germany

Hi Nikki,

I´ll try to be there in the afternoon too, but I can´t promise.

nikki
Aug-01-2008, 13:07 GMT
Italy

hi bjoern, sorry late reply but in case you read this before the concert, i am chinese so you wont miss me! ill wait in front of hte theatre if i can see you soon

Mireille
Aug-01-2008, 13:46 GMT
France

you have to wear your black Paul´s t-shirt, Nikki !
Enjoy this last european concert, guys !

Lara
Aug-04-2008, 15:04 GMT
Italy

Nikki, what you have described in your rewiew sounds like a nightmare for every real fan. I mean: stupid audience speeching, mobils ringing and that special taste of incomunication. I can image your and his disapoint. For sure there were too many tourists.People not prepared to receive all that he has to give and unable to give it back. Milano, Roma, Udine, Riva (just for speaking of italian dates) were completely different. I´ve heard that also in Milano there was problem with people from the sponsor of the event. They were invited but they weren´t so intrested to the show. Fortunately they were seated very very far from the stage so: no disturb or bad energy near him.
A concert is a kind of double gift, an exchange of good feelings, energy, emotions. Such a little miracle. And when it doesn´t...
I´m hoping that he will be not too much discouraged and that he will trust italian public again.
And you, forget all that was wrong in Taormina and take care of all the others good memories from this tour.

maslick  
Aug-04-2008, 16:13 GMT
Unknown

Yeah, i agree with Lara.
I understand Nikki - she was preparing to this concert for a long time - i see this thread is created in April..............
Wish everything will be alright! ;)

Bjoern
Aug-04-2008, 20:11 GMT
Germany

I think everybody has the right to visit a Paul Simon concert, excessive Fans as well as tourist who comes along spontaneously. Thats almost the only way for Paul to get new fans. The brother of my girlfriend were there too, and he never was at a Paul Simon concert and before that he only knew Simon and Garfunkel. And he was really impressed about Paul after the concert.

Lara
Aug-05-2008, 09:50 GMT
Italy

Bjoern, it was the same for my father. But I still think that it´s necessary to be the kind of people that look inside, the inner part of the thing and not only the superficial part. Like, as you said, the brother of your girlfriend or my father too.

Duncan6
Aug-05-2008, 10:47 GMT
Spain

Yes, I think that everyone can go to a Paul Simon´s concert, tourists, big fans, S&G fans... but I think that people must know that going to a concert like this is a right, ok, but is a privilege too; there are more fans than tickets, and get a ticket to see Paul is a real privilege, not only a right for everyone.

Bjoern
Aug-05-2008, 10:59 GMT
Germany

If there are more fans than tickets, how could it be that tourist got tickets by chance only a few hours before the concert?

maslick
Aug-05-2008, 11:11 GMT
Unknown

i don´t know what are you all talking about!!
of course it´s for everybody.. who knows what the word culture means, for the people who´s acquired a good upbringing and education, who has some moral principles, etc.
remember what rules you must follow in the theatres.
By the way, there were times when Paul performed in the theatres. Remember the tower theatre 1980. Or Poplar Creek Theatre. And Paul Simon told everyone to "..SIT down while i play these songs!!!.."
That´s my opinion......

Ans
Aug-05-2008, 17:59 GMT
Netherlands

It´s interesting to read the reviews from Bjoern and Jozsef. It looks like the concert was good after all. I don´t understand the link Jozsef posted for the pictures, it´s leading to wikipedia. Do you have a proper link to see some pictures of the concert in Taormina?

Too bad for Nikki that she stood nearby the Vip section and got a wrong impression of the concert.

Nikki
Aug-06-2008, 21:12 GMT
Italy

Hi guys just got back from a few days away from rome. Thank you for your reviews Bjoern and Josef. I am glad you provided an alternative perspective for everyone and I´m glad you guys had a much better time. I didn´t mean to extrapolate my disappointment to everyone and I´m sorry if it came across that way. A PS concert is a PS concert and that´s always something special, and yes maybe I was just sitting in the wrong section. In retrospect yes it was a little too personal and melodramatic a review but it was how I felt at the time. Anyway I think I´ve had a bit of time to get over it all now! Fingers crossed for another tour next year.

Jozsef  
Aug-07-2008, 07:35 GMT
Romania

http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=536DVR92

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread