Bottom

HeadlineCapeman show BAM 1april

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Klingan
Apr-07-2008, 11:39 GMT
IP:
Sweden

I was in New York with my wife last week and fortunately I found out just the week before that Paul was going to perform. Or rather his songs were going to be performed.

The show was absolutely brilliant and I´m not ashamed to say tha both my wife and I shed a tear during the performence.
Paul did one song, Trailway bus, fortunately for me one of my favorites of the album. The other singers were really really good and we both concludded that it was in fact good that Simon didn´t do more songs because this gave us the opportunity to see The Capeman as I believe it was intended to be performed.

This leads me to my question. I believed that the album Paul made included all the songs, but after having seen the BAM show I now know that there were many, brilliant songs, left out of the album.
On the Wiqipedia it says that the Capeman show has been recorded. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, is it possible to gain a copy of that album?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 470 ]

matthew
Apr-07-2008, 12:00 GMT
United Kingdom

It is available on i-Tunes

There is also a bootleg that is widely available on eBay.

Klingan
Apr-07-2008, 13:41 GMT
Sweden

Hm yes that´s what wiqipedia also says. Do you know what it´s name is on itunes?
I´ve searched for capeman but that only leads to the PS album. I´m looking for the complete musical.

Nikki
Apr-07-2008, 14:07 GMT
Australia

I tried searching ´capeman´ Klingan and it comes up with 57 different tracks - I think you have to donwload them individually. But I see a whole lot there which aren´t on the studio album I´ve got.

Klingan
Apr-07-2008, 15:20 GMT
Sweden

Ok. Thank you guys. The trouble was my itunes searched in the swedish one. I switched to the US one and found the tracks. Great!

Mimi
Apr-07-2008, 17:00 GMT
Austria

Can you order from the american I-Tunes? Because the Capeman-Cast album is available there for more then a year now and you can´t get it in Europe and you are not allowed to buy it in the US with a european IP-Adress. I am really angry about this and would Love to hear the whole thing.

matthew
Apr-08-2008, 10:05 GMT
United Kingdom

I bought mine on eBay. It is a good quality 2-CD set with a booklet and printed logos on the CD. It did cost me £25 though!

Bodo
Apr-08-2008, 12:30 GMT
Austria

I would not buy it on ebay!

I do not know how i-tunes works, is it possible that a friend in the US can buy it for someone in Europe?
I think I never would buy any mp3´s.. I want something in my hand.

Mimi
Apr-08-2008, 17:24 GMT
Austria

I also prefer CDs, but if it is the only way, I can live with mp3, too. The problem with I-Tunes is, that if somebody else buys it, I have not figured out, how he can forward it to another person. You can burn a CD if you want and you can transform them to your MP3-Player but it is not easy to send the files to another person.

But of course - if somebody could help me out with this one, I will refund any costs. It is just very annoying, that you can´t just buy them yourself.

Scaaty
Apr-09-2008, 14:59 GMT
Ireland

At the concert, a lot of people were asking for the cast album, so hopefully the message will get through. I also mentioned that the one on iTunes was not available outside US

Ans
Apr-09-2008, 16:20 GMT
Netherlands

Hi Scaaty, how was it in New York and how was the show, please tell us all about it.

Only a few days to go, then I will take your place...;-)

Scaaty
Apr-09-2008, 16:26 GMT
Ireland

Hi Ans, I´ve sent you an email about the hotel etc. Still recovering from jet lag but will submit a review soon.

matthew  
Apr-10-2008, 11:12 GMT
United Kingdom

Mimi - if you e-mail me on matthewsemple AT hotmail.com, I´ll sort you out with a copy.

Nikki
Apr-10-2008, 14:31 GMT
Australia

Here´s are some great photos of one of the Capeman shows by Paul Fournier fr the Art Garfunkel forum - I´m sure he won´t mind sharing :-)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/paulfournie
r/Paul%20Simon%20BAM%202008/

Hope all of you lucky enough to be in the States are enjoying yourselves!

Klingan
Apr-14-2008, 10:11 GMT
Sweden

Stupid I-Store stupid I-Store etc.

No you can not download the album if you live in Europe. Only for US residences. Is this how they want to prevent us from downloading illegally?

Has anyone got any idea how we in Europe can get the album without bying from E-bay?

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread