voice off that album! Is that true? Why
would he do that? I´m shocked.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 376 ]

Bodo
Mar-20-2008, 22:53 GMT
Austria

It was not a work they did together.

Paul wrote the songs, recorded them with his band, sung the songs.

then he gave them to Art, he sung some harmonies over them - and I guess Paul didn´t like the result - he described it as if someone was overpainting his paintings.

They never stood together in a studio.

nancy
Mar-20-2008, 23:21 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Paul thought the album was too personal, and they were not getting along at the time. They have made amends now, but they had some difficult years.

Jon
Mar-21-2008, 09:55 GMT
USA - United Staates America

That´s not totally accurare, bodo --- i know for a fact that they did spend time together in the studio on Think Too Much. Perhaps or perhaps not it was for the best that Artie did not sing on that record, but the fact is that now they are (Old) friends again, so let´s not rehash old descrepencies.

Mimi
Mar-21-2008, 10:21 GMT
Austria

There are Bootlegs of some of the recordings around and I pretty much agree with Bodo. There were Demos of the songs and on some of them, Art added background voices.

I also read that Paul wanted to work together on the songs and Art wanted to work out his harmonies on his own and add them to the songs. Anyway I don´t think there was much to delete, as the voices were recorded separatly

Bodo
Mar-21-2008, 11:18 GMT
Austria

I never heard about that Jon, but okay, why not. Anyway - the fact is that Arts contribution to this album would have been very small - smaller than on any earlier S&G album - I never heard much different between the released solo songs and the few bootleg tracks.

I still think that on H&B we can hear a lot of Pauls best accoustic songs he ever wrote. If it would have been a S&G album than most of it´s success would just have been depended on the name "S&G", regardless of the songs on it. So, a very nice example to see how the mass follows just simple rules ;)

Scaaty
Mar-21-2008, 13:12 GMT
Ireland

there is a cynicism and darkness on the H&B album which wouldn´t have sat too easily on an S&G background. I bought this album thinking there would be an S&G element to it (after the ´82 tour). But thankfully there wasn´t and thats when I became an obsessive PS fan.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread