Bottom

HeadlinePS songs on guitar

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Belle 
Mar-14-2008, 05:05 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I have been learning to play PS songs on guitar for the past half yr, and boy its tough.

So far, i culd do only ´Scarborough Fair´, ´59th Bridge Song´ & ´American Tune´. Bgt the tabs from amazon.com

Anyone out there plays PS songs on guitar?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 426 ]

Adam  
Mar-14-2008, 11:36 GMT
Slovakia

I like to play those:
April Come She Will
Scarborough Fair
Bookends Theme, Old Friends
The Sounds Of Silence
Feelin´ Groovy
The Only Livin´ Boy in NY

I have the guitar for 9 months now, so I cannot play very good yet. Hopefully I will get better :)

jocke
Mar-14-2008, 15:42 GMT
Sweden

ahh adam my singing partner:P
it would be very nice if you played guitar next time we sing togehter!, Ihope you learn to play Baby Driver one day;P

Belle
Mar-15-2008, 13:34 GMT
Unknown

Tat´s cool Adam to have perfected these songs. Luv "Feelin´ Groovy", easy to play and unforgettable tune. I tried "Kathy´s song" but couldn´t, guess i need a teacher to coach me.

I got a guitar too, about 10 months now, black accoustic.

By the way, did PS wrote the lyrics for "April Come She Will" or were the words adapted from a poem?

Adam
Mar-15-2008, 14:39 GMT
Slovakia

@ Jocke: I don´t have a guitar at the campus but I am getting a classical one as a birthday present on the 4th of May, I will bring it to campus then :) Baby Driver is one of the hardest songs to play on guitar, I tried it 2 days ago but it´s so fast...

@ Belle
Kathy´s song is quite tough because it´s picked AND it contains barre chords, I tried it some time ago, too. And this is what I found about April Come She Will:
-Paul based this beautiful song on a poem once read to him in England
-It is actually a traditional English folk rhyme - at least the first line and every subsequent odd line. The lines in between - "When springs..." etc. were written by Paul Simon, possibly during his stay in England

jocke
Mar-15-2008, 15:07 GMT
Sweden

Okay,when you get you´re guitar Adam we could do the only livning boy in new york-you can do the part that you use to do-and I do the background vocals,and we could also do April Come She Will but with two part harmonie.

Belle
Mar-16-2008, 09:41 GMT
Unknown

Thanks very much Adam, at PS wrote "When springs..", his the lines are beautifully interwined! :-) Indeed Kathy´s song is pretty tough, and the player must have ´fast fingers´. Another great song tat is hard to attempt is "Heart and Bones". I guess it´ll take a while for amateurs like me to grasp the technique.

Belle
Mar-17-2008, 03:01 GMT
Unknown

Hi Jocke/Adam

Have any of you tried to perform "Anji"?

I am still trying to play this tune, its a very beautiful tune, but the thing is that I wonder if the tabs are really correct, as it sounded different from the rest of the pp.

josh
Mar-17-2008, 10:44 GMT
Ireland

well Paul Simon was the reason i picked up a guitar! his stuff can be tricky but i recommend watching his live performances. it´s like getting a lesson from the man himself, good luck!

Belle
Mar-17-2008, 10:54 GMT
Unknown

Hi Josh, for me PS is the main reason that I rekindled my passion for guitar. Thus, i´ve decided to get a teacher rather than learning by myself..tough man! I´ve been watching lots of his live performances "Central Park 81" and his Old videoclips in the 60s-trying to ´perform´ like him, well maybe to be half as good as him will do!

Rosie
Mar-17-2008, 16:23 GMT
Ireland

I´ve been playin the guitar for the past 6 years... i´m only 16 and i´ve learnt many Paul Simon and simon and garfunkel spngs.. i can play anji, Sounds Of Silence, Cecilia, Baby Driver, At The Zoo, hazy shade of winter, Homeward Bound, I Am A Rock kathys song, scarborough fair, Graceland, El Condor Pasa, feelin groovy, only livin boy,me and julio, Kodachrome,father and daughter, Outrageous, mrs robinson, Bookends, Old Friends, April Come She Will, Red Rubber Ball and so on... its such an enjoyment to play along to Pauls song, such a great guitarist.

Scaaty  
Mar-17-2008, 18:50 GMT
Ireland

With all the Irish flags on this thread - I just have to say Happy St Patricks day to everyone.

jocke
Mar-17-2008, 20:04 GMT
Sweden

that´s great rosie! is father and daughter hard to play?

Happy St Patricks day!.

I´d Love to make a trip to Ireland!
it seems to bee very beautiful!

Robinson is my Woman
Mar-24-2008, 17:47 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Hey Belle I have beemn looking to playing 59th Street Bridge Song, you say its easy so pleeease what tabs do you use???

Adam
Mar-24-2008, 22:19 GMT
Slovakia

I haven´t really tried Anji, it´s too fast, but I can recommend you these tabs websites:

http://freespace.virgin.net/r.kent/tab.html
http://www.bradpriddy.com/paul_simon/

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread