Bottom

HeadlinePaul Simon´s autograph

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Belle 
Mar-02-2008, 09:11 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hi does anyone knows where could i request for an autograph from Mr Paul Simon? I´ve tried sending in a ltr to the add. provided by Bodo abt a yr+ ago but sadly no news!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1323 ]

Nikki
Mar-02-2008, 12:24 GMT
Australia

Belle I think Paul would be too busy to be signing autographs don´t you? Nor would he want to I don´t think. You´d have better luck on ebay or something

Peter
Mar-02-2008, 23:02 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I have bought several PS autographed LPs off of eBay, in great condition. I tend to trust the seller that the autograph is real, but others may not. I also like listening to them, too.

Jeanette
Mar-03-2008, 05:12 GMT

I have his autograph -from 1975. His writing is like that on the STILL CRAZY album. When I asked him for it, I said, "I know this is silly." He shook his head and said, "No, it´s not."

nancy
Mar-03-2008, 08:29 GMT

He doesn´t seem to like signing autographs when it isn´t in person. I have heard that he is afraid people just like to get the autograph to sell on eBay. I have autographed albums(that I cherish) that I bought on eBay, so I know that everyone who buys one isn´t doing that just doing that just for profit. You and I were lucky, weren´t we, Nikki?

Belle
Mar-03-2008, 10:32 GMT
Unknown

Hi, thanks for all your replies on my email. Frankly I´m a bit skeptical about ´E-bay´ on the authencity of the documents.
Its one of my greatest wish to see him in person, but i guess its quite impossible.

thus would Love to get a copy of his signature. I really appreicate if someone could maybe email me a picture of him with his autograph to my email:
[email protected]

Thanks guys!

Jeanette
Mar-03-2008, 22:40 GMT

I will, Belle. I´ll take a picture of it. The autograph is on a grocery bag. I had gone backstage to meet him. The bag was sitting on the table

Belle
Mar-04-2008, 01:56 GMT
Unknown

Hi Jeanette, I´ve got your email and his autographs! Its awesome! Thank you so very much, you´re really kind! I have also replied your email!

By the way, I always feel that Mr Simon is a very intellectual person and tell me how was it like to speak with him?

Have a good week ahead!

Bodo
Mar-05-2008, 11:58 GMT
Austria

From what I´ve heard the autographs you get send from the office are just copies.

Well - IMO only a autograph you get from the person face to face is worth something, cause it means you´ve met him. There is a story behind all that. I do not know why people ask for these autographs send from his office. Maybe the just run out of the copies the´ve made somewhen in the early 90´s (the picture was from the late 80´s AFAIK) and now they stopped the service because of the lower interest (I guess only a dozent people might know his address from this site and send autograph requests)

nancy
Mar-05-2008, 19:09 GMT

Pictures might be, but my poster and nikki´s CD were sent to the office and were signed to Nikki and Nancy by Paul. Neither could be copies. Bodo, for those of us who haven´t met him in person, it is still special to think that he took the time to sign.

kelly shew
Mar-05-2008, 23:48 GMT
United Kingdom

i got mine at hyde park by throwing myself at him with cd in hand- i dont think it went down well because i looked like a total pratt but hey it worked!
ebay isnt that bad, i mean if you pay 20p for one then yeah its a blatent fake, but aa decent signed cd will se you back around 25 quid with a COA included!

here- ive got his dna on my cd- you recon i can clone him and make another legend??

Belle
Mar-06-2008, 06:36 GMT
Unknown

Autographs are like representations of him, as how many of the lucky pp could meet him in person. Me, I will give up my soul for a day just to talk with him and to watch him perform. Then I´ll die a happy person hee hee.

To clone him is a good idea, but i reckon there won´t be a 2nd Paul Simon, he´s irreplacable when it comes to tune, lyrics & guitar technique.

But, I still harbour desires of meeting him in person. I hope of visiting the US this Summer and maybe i could have a cup of coffee with him for breakfast!

Nikki
Mar-06-2008, 07:13 GMT
Canada

Me and Nancy were very, very lucky...it still amazes me.

JettRink
Apr-03-2008, 15:48 GMT

Never buy autographs on E-Bay, I
met someone who had been selling
fake autographs since 1999. COA´s
are totally worthless. What it means
is you have to prove it´s fake to
get your money back. She sent a copy
of the autograph to the actor and he
actually wrote back and said that was
not his autograph.

matthew
Apr-03-2008, 21:22 GMT
United Kingdom

I have a photo that they sent me from his office in teh Brill Biuling. It is a black and white photo from about 2001 with a picture similar to the one on the front cover of the Proof single.

The signature is not across the photo but down the side of the picture in a white area. I suspect that the signature was done on the original and then copies were made.

However, I am not going to sell it and I have it in a frame so it looks great. I really like the item and I still have the envelope it came in with Suite 500 address printed on the back.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread