Bottom

HeadlineWhich is Better?

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Belle 
Feb-28-2008, 11:02 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Do you prefer Paul Simon´s songs back in the 60-80s or you prefer the current ones and WHY?

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 358 ]

barbara
Mar-03-2008, 02:43 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Like his lyrics during all periods but prefer the songs sung as duet w/o much orchestration.

Belle
Mar-03-2008, 10:35 GMT
Unknown

Hi Barbara, yes same sentiments. Just pure acoustics with Art, that´s simply ´heavenly´ to listen to! Wish I was in my 20s in that era to enjoy his works!

Nikki
Mar-03-2008, 11:29 GMT
Australia

Wow 60s-80s is a very long period Belle. The songs in that era are so varied. I think for me there are lots of favorites from the earlier days, maybe because they´re classics and i´m so used to hearing them. But there are also a lot that make me cringe too (e.g. Sparrow - I listened to that for the 1st time in a long while the other day)

As for the new albums I find them more artistically interesting and cohesive. (H&B onwards)

barbara
Mar-03-2008, 17:26 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I believe Sparrow is a "folk song" genre. I find the words too sad, but if you just listen to the music-it is beautiful.

Belle
Mar-04-2008, 06:54 GMT
Unknown

Hi Nikki and Barbara, yes totally agree with you. The beauty of his lyrics are always so poetic and his tune interwines so effortly with it. I´ve actually printed out a big whole stack of his lyrics and am filing away the ones i really Love . thanks gals

kelly shew
Mar-06-2008, 13:29 GMT
United Kingdom

i quite like his music from the 60´s coz his goatee beard rocks socks! but i thought the suprise ablum was very good- the father and daughter song brought a tear to my eye- and i thought the 2 gorilas on the booklet look like my parents! ha!
sorry what was the question? pffft!

Belle
Mar-07-2008, 05:12 GMT
Unknown

I Love his songs in e 60s-70s so folksy and lots of attitude. ´Duncan´ is awesome!

His 80s songs were cool. Check Paul Simon out in e 60s - Youtube he´s rather cute!

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread