HeadlineOne Trick Pony

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Belle
Feb-21-2008, 01:43 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Hi anyone has watched the movie starring Paul Simon in "One Trick Pony?"
I would Love to listen to the critics of this movie. Wonder if its available on DVD?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 510 ]

Jeanette
Feb-21-2008, 04:56 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Not yet.
http://www.amazon.com/One-Trick-Pony-Paul-Simon/dp
/B00005JP4Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1
203566004&sr=1-3

Belle
Feb-21-2008, 06:34 GMT
Unknown

Thanks Jeanette. I saw some of Paul Simon´s acts in the Youtube and sign..not out yet.

Klausi
Feb-21-2008, 07:46 GMT
Germany

Budget for the movie was 7 Million Dollars, which was rather low even at that time, the film was a flop.

Running time about 90 minutes plus.

Reviews were mixed, in movie guards it got an "average" ranking.

"Late In The Evening" went top ten before the movie came out, contrary to "Mrs. Robinson", which wasn`t even recorded in the movie.

Belle
Feb-21-2008, 08:49 GMT
Unknown

I guess one must be a fan of Paul Simon`s works, to appreciate the movie and the sophistication and complexity of the music that he conjures.

I really Love the literary and poetic words that he carves in his lyrics (60s & 70s) that intertwine so effortlessly.

It just makes me wish that I could be in that era to witness his creation of such fine crafts of music

Klausi
Feb-21-2008, 09:47 GMT
Germany

Nice!

Belle from Singapore, Jeanette from the US and Klausi from Germany have a written conversation about Paul Simon "on the very same day" (Gumboots). I guess Jeanette is sleeping meanwhile...

Kerstin
Feb-21-2008, 10:24 GMT
Germany

I´d Love to have this on DVD or video too, but unfortunately it´s not available anywhere obviously. I only have an Old copy recorded from TV in the 80s which I have watched so many times that the tape is quite worn out. It won´t help much though if it gets re-released in the USA, because it´ll have the wrong format to be played here in Germany.

Belle
Feb-21-2008, 10:34 GMT
Unknown

Hi Kerstin, the way to get this copy is via http://www.amazon.com

Belle  
Feb-21-2008, 10:38 GMT
Unknown

Hi Klausi, yes "Its a dangling conversation..and the superficial signs..the borders of our lives... hee hee

Belle
Feb-21-2008, 10:39 GMT
Unknown

Hi Kerstin, sorry i´ve typed incorrectly. Actually the DVD´s not released yet.

Klausi
Feb-21-2008, 16:07 GMT
Germany

Hi Kerstin, if you send me an e-mail with your adress I will send you a DVD-copy made of a VHS-tape of the german version, not perfect, but probably better than yours.

nancy
Feb-21-2008, 16:10 GMT

I got a VHS copy from Amazon.com. I really liked the movie and wish it was available on DVD. I also wish his 1991 concert in Central Park and the documentary "Born At The Right Time" were on DVD.I don´t even have a VCR anymore.

matthewsemple  
Feb-21-2008, 23:35 GMT
United Kingdom

I got a new copy from Amazon - still sealed when it arrived. It is NTSC but all modern VCRs play NTSC tapes. If you haven´t got an NTSC compatible VCR, you can buy them in Asda for about £30.

Better still buy a VCR/DVD recorder for just over £100 and you can turn all your VHS tapes into DVDs.

Peter  
Feb-22-2008, 02:37 GMT

It was up on Google Video for 10 minutes before it was removed, fortuanatly that was the length of time it took to download. :) I thought that the movie could have used a better ending myself. Look it up on imdb.com. There are some reviews there. I have it on my computer, but can´t upload it anywhere. (Illegal.)

Belle
Feb-22-2008, 06:58 GMT
Unknown

Hi I saw Paul Simon performed "Anji" on Youtube. Its a damn awesome music.

Can anyone tell me who wrote this music?

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread