Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePaul´s official site

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Feb-08-2008, 10:27 GMT
Austria

hm - well, I do not know why you talk so much about the videos - these are just links going to youtube or google-video - if you search there for Paul Simon videos you will find hundreds.

And, take a look at the MTV video on paulsimon.com - from youtube, and the MTV logo was cut out... Isn´t that a little bit strange, for the official site. I mean: Do they not have their own videos somewhere. (BTW I do not think it is allowed to hide the tv-stations logo, that was just done so that MTV has no Proof and can not ask for erasing the video on youtube... but everyone knows only MTV aired that show...hm)

Whatever. I can make a video site for you in an hour haha. And you can include all youtube and google videos you find. ;-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 218 ]

Ell
Feb-08-2008, 12:01 GMT
United Kingdom

Do they not have their own videos somewhere?

Absolutely! ` You would think that an official site could offer something that has never been seen on Youtube, etc.

I`m hoping to share some video material which I haven`t seen anywhere else (mainly UK interviews from the 80`s, 90`s) but I think there is a limit to what can be uploaded and I still have to get to grips with this.

Paul Simon has made it clear that he doesn`t enjoy watching himself on footage from the past - could this have something to do with what little video is on his website?

mog
Feb-08-2008, 15:36 GMT
Canada

Personnaly, I just think that it is very in the trend nowadays to view videos through YouTube or Google Videos...so this might simply explain why they link it that way on the official website.

I am not as optimistic as others. Experiences have shown in the past that they bring new sites when there are something to sell and then it is left as it is for long periods, except for news update.

Let´s remember here that Simon has confessed being not very knowledgeable about computers, so this might explain that he seems to have shown no interest in the quality of his official website.

Also, we make a big deal out of it because we are super fans, but maybe statistics of his official site would show that it is relatively desertics in terms of visits. So, why bother spending on this ? Reality is probably that selling Simon´s music and concerts has little to do with the web.

But this might change in the future. Who knows ?

Nikki
Feb-10-2008, 04:02 GMT
Australia

Well I´m just amazed we´ve got a website again! Awesome :)

Bodo
Feb-10-2008, 11:27 GMT
Austria

Agree with you mog.
I also have never seen a update on paulsimon.com when there wasn´t anything to sell... I think this site was maybe made to anounce the summer tour dates(?)

Bonnie
Feb-10-2008, 16:10 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Can´t remember where, though if I thought about I could probably pull it up, but semi-recently, PS was answering someone´s questions about how the music (records-->CD) industry has changed and how there are many sells nows via Internet vs. browsing record stores. I believe he talked about itunes and commented that because of the electronics/computers, (a) people miss out on seeing such things as the CD art and line notes and (b) bands, singers, musicians can have top sellers without ever needing to go on tour. That said, I would think more attention would be paid to the website. And, for those who mention PS´s reluctance to watch himself on video, remember: I highly doubt he is sitting there making the changes on his own website. Perhaps a family member is, perhaps a paid professional is, but I highly doubt PS himself is, so that really shouldn´t be a factor. I doubt he really clicks onto it to see what´s there, though of course, I imagine he knows what´s there.

I agree, I´d Love to see some "new" footage, something unprofessional that perhaps only he has, such as "backstage recording" or "private recordings" from some of his shows, recording demos, flubbed rehersal takes, one of the songs from the benefit he did in Dallas or at a bar in NY(?) for his housekeeper´s brother, if I recall. Things of that nature. Even the clips from when he was on the road, in the tour bus, with Chris Dodd´s children. A clip when he spoke out for funding Children´s Health Fund and other non-governmental organizations.

I´m glad the lyrics have returned, but I immensely preferred when they were in his own handwriting -- now that was something personal and amazing to look at.

Perhaps this was just his way to help promote BAM´s shows and try to increase attendance at The Capeman, which I think he´d really like to see make a comeback. Whatever the reason, I´m glad to see there was some thought put into it, far more, it seems, than when it was changed for "Surprise," which - ironically - had many more performances and seemingly would have impacted him more financially (with the concert and CD sales).

Bodo
Feb-10-2008, 23:37 GMT
Austria

eh - no one here believes that Simon is sitting somewhere and making his own website Bonnie. Mog only wrote that he might not be much interested in that (the whole thing) - and I believe that too.
We know his brother/manager is watching us sometimes... ;)

I also think that they knew it would not make much difference in album sales and concert ticket sales if he has a better website. Somehow he has a very broad and well established fan-base (most of them older than 40...well at least 30 years... only the youngsters appear on the internet ;) ) - and these people come and buy without any special advertisement.

He is in a privileged position, whenever he wants he can make a extreme expensive album, make a little bit promotion on TV and sells 500K to 1 million copies... and whenever he wants he can go on tour. Look at the spice girls - 10 years after their break up no none wants them, and they had really a lot of advertisement :-)

matthewsemple  
Feb-15-2008, 22:12 GMT
United Kingdom

I think that it is good that they have updated the site and put back some of the content that was there during the time when the brown ´You´re The One´ Site was available. Let´s hope they add more content over the coming months.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread