HeadlineRelease of Live 1969

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

mog
Jan-31-2008, 03:28 GMT
IP:
Canada

Hi folks,

Saw that S&G Live 1969 will be available exclusively at Starbucks (LOL !!!) on March 11 and then release officially in September 2008.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 420 ]

Natacha
Feb-01-2008, 09:47 GMT
France

Well, they (Starbucks) did it with other great artist like ...Paul Mccartney.
I look forward to March 11 (is that an ´all over the world´s´ release date ?)because in Paris Starbucks cafes have a cheesecake - the real thing, and I am an expert on that subject, believe me - that you could die for...

Simon
Feb-01-2008, 16:44 GMT
United Kingdom

Joni Mitchell relaunched her return to the music scene, via Starbucks.
her most recent release(Starbucks Hear Music)label, was piped into the shops worldwide last September.

The reasoning was that the core fanbase of such artists (S&G,Mitchell, McCartney) were more likely to spend time in the coffee shops than music stores these days.

Could well be right.

Kuno
Feb-03-2008, 20:11 GMT
Switzerland

Did I understand correctly, the album is available on Starbucks half a year before it hits the usual stores ?

Does that mean I have to go to Starbucks (that weird place where some people get their coffee at double price) ??

Scaaty  
Feb-03-2008, 21:34 GMT
Ireland

Even more than double price cos they usually forget to add the coffee, and cappachino´s generally have no liquid either so its 3 euro for a styrofoam of froth!!

Jon
Feb-03-2008, 22:41 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Some folks go their to be trendy, they get their coffee and then stay there and read or use their laptops or something like that. Personally, I don´t think the coffee is all that good.

Nikki
Feb-04-2008, 05:48 GMT
Canada

The frappachinos are really good in the summer...but for the rest of the year I prefer Tim Hortons...right fellow Canadians? :)

nancy
Feb-04-2008, 06:37 GMT

I personally like Starbucks- just call me trendy (or something worse, if you prefer). I will be in there drinking my double short breve cappaccino and buying my "1969" CD while those too proud to go in can wait 6 months. :)

Nikki
Feb-04-2008, 09:14 GMT
Canada

I always feel like such a jackass, because I never know how to order in a Starbucks. If I did, I would probably go in more often. That´s why I go with the slushy coffee drinks...I can´t screw those up to badly lol...

Scaaty
Feb-04-2008, 11:42 GMT
Ireland

Before Starbucks arrived in Ireland (ie 3 years ago) I was in Chicago airport after a long flight from dublin and had to fly to Pittsburgh so really needing the caffeine rush, saw a Starbucks thought problem solved - and ended up with a cup of scalding frothy milk! was not impressed. And now they have landed here and the coffee is even worse.

Phoebe  
Feb-04-2008, 12:00 GMT
Denmark

Oh, poor you Scaaty...
This just means that I´ll have to go to Copenhagen Airport around the middle of March and buy my CD. I can´t wait...

Kerstin
Feb-04-2008, 12:27 GMT
Germany

I´d Love to buy it in advance, but the nearest Starbucks for me would be Hamburg and I don´t feel like making a 2 1/2 hour train ride for it. I guess I´ll rather wait then for the official release. If they at least had a branch in Hannover - I have a friend there who is a Paul Simon fan too.

Kuno
Feb-04-2008, 13:03 GMT
Switzerland

Nancy, I am not sure whether you thought about me when you wrote "those too proud to go in"...

I am not too proud, I just don´t like coffee :o)

But no, instead of going there (even don´t know where the next starbucks is located) I will download the album for free on the internet. I am sure hundreds if not thousands of other people will do the same, just because they want the album but cannot find a starbucks.
Clever marketing! In times where new albums are in the internet 10 minutes after the first copy is sold, you shouldn´t sell it only on selected places HALF A YEAR before it´s sold everywhere...

nancy
Feb-04-2008, 19:20 GMT

It takes a little practice to find the drink that you like, but to each his own...I do like their coffee, and I will like it even better on March 11th.

Come with me,Nikki. I will walk you through the Starbuck´s esperience. If you don´t like coffee, they have good tea, and sweet drinks, and great CDs.

Natacha
Feb-05-2008, 17:03 GMT
France

and...cheesecake !
Nobody likes cheesecake on this forum ?

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread