Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineThe Music of Paul Simon

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] ... [6]

AuthorComment

mog
Jan-30-2008, 15:01 GMT
Canada

Montreal...you meant Montreux I presume !

Yeah, I guess there is still a possibility of a tour for the summer. Let´s remember that he toured during summer 2002 in Europe, also 2 years after the release of YTO.

As for the BAM shows, I suspect that the series about The Capeman was a big incitive for Simon to embark on the project.

I think I might go for that Capeman series. The two other series has been widely covered in shows...so...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 217 ]

Ans  
Jan-30-2008, 16:18 GMT
Netherlands

Oeps... my mistake.

I also think the Capeman is the most interesting, but if I had the chance I would go to all 3 of them. I am also curious about the Grizzly Bear band, I read in an article that Paul visited a concert of them and stayed till the end, the band was very pleased about that.

Bodo
Jan-30-2008, 19:14 GMT
Austria

I´ve uploaded that article Ans :-)

Kerstin
Jan-31-2008, 11:00 GMT
Germany

That sounds great. I wish I could persuade my husband to go there. But I fear New York is a bit too far away. :-(
So I also hope it´ll be released on DVD so I can at least watch it that way.

Matthew Evans
Jan-31-2008, 11:03 GMT
United Kingdom

Is anyone going who would like to share a hostel room? We could get 4 or more poeple together?

I don´t have much money but am considering flying out on the 5th April seeing 2 Capeman shows and flying back on the 11th April after 2 Under African Skies shows.

Bodo
Jan-31-2008, 12:36 GMT
Austria

Matthew, I envy you...
Well, hm... that all came too fast for me, and I think I don´t want to spend so much money at the moment.
okay, the $ is a bargain at the moment, haha :) If I could buy that flight ticket in US$ ;)

hm. the best thing would be to have some good friend in NY where you could stay for 3-4 nights. I only would visit 1 capeman and 1 UAS show.

I will look for a cheap flight now - my problem is: I really doubt that they will produce a DVD of that concerts :-(

Bodo
Jan-31-2008, 13:18 GMT
Austria

What lowers my expectations a little bit is that at the moment I think about: how much will Paul do at these shows...?

From what I have read there are always many many different artists doin the songs - and Paul Simon. So, will he sing the songs together with them, or will he just appear in the end to do 2-3 of his encores...?
I have the feeling it will be the 2nd way(?)

UNDER AFRICAN SKIES
Featuring performances by Hugh Masekela, Milton Nascimento, Kaà¯ssa, David Byrne, Luciana Souza, Paul Simon
More artists to be announced

AMERICAN TUNES
Featuring performances by Olu Dara, Grizzly Bear, The Roches, Paul Simon

SONGS FROM THE CAPEMAN
Oscar Hernà¡ndez and The Spanish Harlem Orchestra
Featuring performances by Claudette Sierra, Obie Bermudez, Ray De La Paz, Paul Simon
Special guest performance by Little Anthony and The Imperials

Matthew Evans
Jan-31-2008, 13:22 GMT
United Kingdom

Yes Bodo I wondered this too. I think you might be right, it is a big gamble.

Maybe we should hold on and wait and see if he is coming to Europe any time soon.

Bodo
Jan-31-2008, 13:56 GMT
Austria

I found the email address of the Producer of this event, and worte him an email that they should please film it and release it on DVD - maybe it helps :)

Ans
Jan-31-2008, 15:15 GMT
Netherlands

I guess Paul will not do the whole show but will probably do more than 2-3 encores. I hope he will do songs together with Milton Nascimento, Hugh Masekela, The Roches and maybe some more. The line-up is great. Kaà¯ssa is very good and maybe there will be a few more surprises when more guests are announced.

The ticket sale starts at Feb. 4 for Friends fo BAM and Visa card holders, the others have to wait till Feb. 11...

http://www.bam.org/events/08PAUL/08PAUL.aspx

Ell
Jan-31-2008, 15:49 GMT
United Kingdom

I can only imagine that the dates highlighted by Bodo on Bakithi Kumalo´s website February / March are for rehearsals?

Scaaty
Jan-31-2008, 15:53 GMT
Ireland

My other half has been wanting to "do" New York for years, and is agreeable to go to this, only thing is he doesn´t like the Capeman whereas that´s the one I´d really like to see. Cost approx â?¬850 pp flight and hotel right beside Broadway

Bodo
Jan-31-2008, 17:15 GMT
Austria

Hey Scaaty, where do you fly from? They price (including hotel!) is really good...

Bodo
Jan-31-2008, 17:16 GMT
Austria

I got a reply! From the producer of these shows.

They are on negotiations at the moment about filming and taping - and he hopes that this might happen. That would be great.

Ell
Jan-31-2008, 17:38 GMT
United Kingdom

You should push your luck Bodo and ask for an invitation on behalf of your website!:)

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] ... [6]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread