Bottom

HeadlineThe Music of Paul Simon

Page: [1] [2] [3] ... [6]

AuthorComment

Ans
Jan-29-2008, 16:29 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

The music and lyrics of Paul Simon will be celebrated by the Brooklyn Academy of Music with three programs in April.

http://www.ad-hoc-news.de/CorporateNews/en/1521905
2/BAM+presents+
Love+in+Hard+Times+The+Music+of+Pau
l+Simon

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/29/arts/29arts-PAUL
SIMONINB_BRF.html?_r=2&ref=arts&oref=slogi
n&oref=slogin

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 427 ]

Scaaty
Jan-29-2008, 17:45 GMT
Ireland

Wow!! what a line up - would that I were a New Yorkian. Great to see the Capeman getting another outing - this could be a reignition of Paul Simons career for the younger generation

Ans  
Jan-29-2008, 18:50 GMT
Netherlands

I asked my husband if we could spend the month April in New York... Sure, he said, if you can find someone who will pay for our stay...;-)

Any volunteers can email me....;-)

Scaaty
Jan-29-2008, 19:05 GMT
Ireland

sure all you have to do Ans is arrive early at the first show, meet paul and tell him you´re there for the month as a representive of his ´main" fan website and then he´ll put you up for the month. No problem!!

Bodo  
Jan-29-2008, 19:50 GMT
Austria

I wish I would live in NY....

This line-up should definately tour all over the world.!!!

mog
Jan-29-2008, 20:53 GMT
Canada

So, this resolve the mystery about "Paul Simon shows" for Spring 2008.

It is nice way to revisit the live catalog in another fashion.

But I do not want to be rabat-joie, but this seems another celebration of his past rather than current career.

Mireille
Jan-29-2008, 20:53 GMT
France

Oh Scaaty, do you think it would be the same for me, as for Ans.... (lol) I would be pleased...

Matthew Evans
Jan-29-2008, 20:54 GMT
United Kingdom

I would be happy enough if they just released this on DVD

Mireille
Jan-29-2008, 21:05 GMT
France

ouah, I didn´t know you use the French expression "rabat-joie" in English ;-)

Scaaty
Jan-29-2008, 21:19 GMT
Ireland

Well Mirelle, i don´t know - you see Ans already has a history of meeting Paul before the show.
BTW will be in your wonderful capital the weekend after next to watch our lads being hammered by you French ... and thats even before the game starts during the singing of the anthems!!

Bodo
Jan-29-2008, 21:21 GMT
Austria

Well mog - I guess Paul might think that there is not really much to do for him anylonger.

But this idea is fabolous IMO, concerts for every stage of his career - and for the first time he shows how important the Capeman was for him. I do not have the feeling this is just for nostalgia like the S&G shows because The Capeman was a big flop for him.

I hope these concerts do not mean that he will finish his touring career with a big last overview...but now he comes into the age he always was refering too as ´terrible strange´ :-(

Scaaty
Jan-29-2008, 21:36 GMT
Ireland

i don´t think so Bodo, these concerts appear to be initiated by the Broadway group and they say that Paul agreed to it - so it doesn´t seem to be his idea.
it would be a great finale, but not yet please.

Nikki
Jan-30-2008, 01:47 GMT
Australia

No I don´t think so either - not like Paul to give himself a big send-off, he seems too humble for that sort of thing. Well anyway the mystery of the Spring shows is solved :) Disappointed it doesn´t mean a tour, but sounds great nonetheless. Oh and the Spanish Harlem Orchestra were playing here as part of the Sydney Festival! Didn´t realise Paul worked with them.

Mimi
Jan-30-2008, 08:36 GMT
Austria

Maybe there is a tour. He is announced for Montreux this year again. I know that they said the same last year, but maybe this time it works.

http://www.montreuxjazz.com/news/news_en.aspx?id=4

Ans
Jan-30-2008, 13:00 GMT
Netherlands

"sure all you have to do Ans is arrive early at the first show, meet paul and tell him you´re there for the month as a representive of his ´main" fan website and then he´ll put you up for the month. No problem!!"

Right! I prefer Long Island then...;-)

The announcement is also on his myspace site now, but nothing yet about Montreal.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.
view&friendID=69746465&blogID=352800166

Page: [1] [2] [3] ... [6]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread