Bottom

HeadlineCarrie Fisher

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

AuthorComment

Callista
Nov-23-2005, 10:44 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

I have this book called "Live From New York" It is an uncensored history of SNL as told by it´s writers, stars and guest.
In it Paul and Carrie give amazing accounts of not only the SNL crew, but also each other. For example, I never knew that Gilda Radner had a huge crush on Paul and that it nearly destroyed Carrie´s and Gilda´s relationship. Here is an excert from the book:

Carrie Fisher:
"There was a time when Gilda had gotten a very big crush on Paul and then I went out with Paul and there was sort of a drama and I didn´t want to be in a drama and somehow I remember being on the phone with Gilda and there was crying. I was just twenty-one. I didn´t know how I got into this thing. But it was sort of a fun drama I suppose.
I couldn´t figure Gilda out. The thing that happened, whatever it was with Paul, kind of estranged us. The horrible thing was, years and years later I went to this stomach doctor, and he had treated Gilda when she was very, very ill and she had talked about this thing that had happened with Paul and myself and her."

Who knew? The book is filled with inside stories and recollections from Paul and Carrie both.
Really interesting.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2429 ]

Marieno 
Nov-23-2005, 17:44 GMT
IP:
France

A menage à trois?!?! :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2429 ]

Nathgertsch
Nov-23-2005, 18:16 GMT
IP:
France

Paul is (was ? ;-)) too successfull among women... :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2428 ]

Nikki
Nov-23-2005, 22:04 GMT
IP:
Canada

Wow...you learn something new everyday! I saw a picture of Gilda Radner and Paul Simon together and to me it looked like she had a crush on him, she was looking at him and had like this sappy expression on her face, really silly looking... but who could blame her? Paul Simon was and still is hot!

Callista 
Nov-23-2005, 23:27 GMT
IP:

I couldn´t agree with you more!

Micky
Nov-24-2005, 00:21 GMT
IP:

Oooh...I wonder if you can get that book here in the UK?

Hugs

Me

Callista 
Nov-24-2005, 03:44 GMT
IP:

If you can´t I can always type out all the different paragraphs that Paul and Carrie wrote. They are not very long. About as long as the last one I wrote.

Callista
Nov-24-2005, 03:46 GMT
IP:

In case you want to find it,the authors are Tom Shales and James Andrew Miller. Good luck!

Di 
Dec-06-2005, 07:32 GMT
IP:
Australia

That would be great if you could

Callista 
Dec-06-2005, 18:11 GMT
IP:

Di, I would be glad to do it. My husband is flying in from a week long trip from Britain today, (he better have brought me back some rare Paul Simon stuff or he dosen´t get through the door:) As soon as he gets in, I will put another few paragrahs in.

Callista
Dec-07-2005, 01:33 GMT
IP:

Her is another paragraph from Carrie:

"I was around Micheal O´Donoghue until he was deeply offended that I married Paul and his ex-girlfriend was maid of honor and he wasn´t in the wedding, and he never spoke to me again. I went up to him again at some point and said, " Can´t we put this aside?" He just screamed at me. It was horrible. But In loved Micheal. Micheal and I had gone to Ireland together, and I think we were the actual people to do ´ludes and mead. I was shooting for the Star Wars movies, and John (Belushi) and Danny (Akroyd)wanted to be in them as space creatures or something. I think it was mostly John."

Micheal O´ Donoghue was one of the writers foe SNL.

Callista
Dec-07-2005, 17:53 GMT
IP:

I thought this paragrah was interesting because I thought only Art and Penny Marshall went on Paul and Carrie´s honeymoon. Personally,if I were on my honeymoon,(especially if it were with Paul Simon), I would not want ANYONE to be there except Paul and I!!!

Carrie Fisher:
Lorne was on my honeymoon with Paul, so by all rights I should know Lorne very, very well. He was always like Big Daddy giving his little comedy treatsies and lectures and explaining things to you about comedy. I was really young and I thought I had a quite a bit to catch up on. I actually don´t know that I did, but that was the feeling I had, because most people were older than I, like my husband Paul who was 15 years my senior.
Lorne talks a lot. He´s an expert. He liked to warm to his topic. It used to be me and Paul and Lorne and his wife susan down in St. Barts. He was little bit dignified, which was funny in combination of Paul´s a lot of a bit dignified. But they are very close friends. They´ve been the closest of friends for, my God, thirty years. Paul, belive it or not is a lot closer to Lorne than he is to Art. He could tell Lorne things he couldn´t tell to Art.I liked Lorne because Lorne was much more social than Paul might be. He wanted to stay up and talk, and he was extremely social and he would have people over, and I had grown up that way. It was the way I liked to live. Paul liked to dip into it but also liked to leave and go back and work. Paul had a more solitary profession."

Callista
Dec-07-2005, 18:01 GMT
IP:

Here are a few quotes from Paul:

Paul:
"I was up for doing the very first show. It didn´t seem like there was much downside risk. Then Lorne said, "No, let me just work out the kinks on the first show." I guess he didn´t want to embarrass me if it didn´t go over well, but I would have been happy to do the first show! It would have been more historical. But he went with George Carlin, and I did the second one. Still a regret I carry."

Callista
Dec-07-2005, 18:06 GMT
IP:

And another........

Paul:
"Gilda went out with me, she also went out with Billy(Bill Murray). One night I went to see Billy and he said," I´m no good, ask Gilda." He was drinking heavily, you know. Everyone went through their periods of bad behavior."

More quotes later!

Peggy O 
Dec-22-2005, 01:12 GMT
IP:
Spain

More quotes, please!

Page: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread