Bottom

HeadlineFavourite Paul Simon Song?

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Brandy 
Jan-28-2004, 21:09 GMT
IP:
Canada

I was just thinking that it might be interesting for everyone to talk about what their favourite Paul Simon song is, and why, because we all seemed to get into such an interesting discussion about "Kathy´s Song"!

Of course, if you can´t decide on a favourite, I guess you could just talk about the ones you like best:)

My personel favourite is "American Tune". I don´t know why, it´s just very pretty, with beautiful lyrics. I like "The Sound Of Silence" a lot though too . . .

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 287 ]

Kath
Jan-28-2004, 21:37 GMT
IP:
Canada

I agree Brandy! American Tune is one of my all time favorites...Its so amazingly well writen, I just Love the words....I cannot pick *a* favorite, but I also LOVE the Sound of Silence (so beautiful), America (again, beautiful, and it makes me think of my favorite part in Almost Famous!), Kodachrome (got such a good beat!), Rene And Georgette Magritte With Their Dog After The War (interesting song...I didn´t like it much before, but now I love it!)...Ummm I will continue the list...But lets just say I love every song to date! :)

Bodo
Jan-29-2004, 00:39 GMT
IP:
Austria

Oh I don´t have a favourite one. I Love a lot of different songs, it depend´s on my mood.
Sometimes I really like the blues/jazz songs he did in the 70´s like ´How The Heart Approaches What It Yearns´ or ´Tenderness´ and sometimes I prefer his word music.

Rhythm Of The Saints is my favourite album with ´The Coast´, Spirit Voices, Proof, The cool cool River...

Nila
Jan-31-2004, 10:46 GMT
IP:
Sweden

It´s very hard to pick a favourite since there are so many good songs. But if I had to pick only one it would be Bridge Over Troubled Water.

miriam
Jan-31-2004, 14:42 GMT
IP:
Germany

My favourite PS song? Hmm, difficult...But it´s maybe "The Cool, Cool River" (hence the name of my website), because it has this great ending line: "Sometimes even music cannot substitute for tears" I Love this line!

Bodo
Jan-31-2004, 17:27 GMT
IP:
Austria

The cool cool River is cool ;-)
I like that songtitle... don´t know another song which has the word cool for 2 times included lol

Thomas
Jan-31-2004, 19:09 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Don´t know which one to choose. Something So Right is a great song, I think. The Capeman is still a great album!

Brian
Feb-01-2004, 07:52 GMT
IP:
USA - United Staates America

Besides the "classics/hits", my favorites are Kathy´s Song and The Only Living Boy in NY

Ans Koenen
Feb-01-2004, 08:35 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

The Coast, I like the lyrics very much and the performance at CP 91.
The guitar playing of Vincent, the jungle sounds, the instrumental beginning, the singing part of The Waters and of course the way Paul performed it.

But it´s hard to pick one song, there are so many good songs, for every mood you´re into.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread