www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePoll: What internet connection do you have?

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Ans Koenen 
Jul-15-2003, 20:03 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I don´t find it a problem to type, but you should have to send it with the post to Holland, and then I could type it and email it to Bodo, I don´t know if this could be a solution?
Ans Koenen.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 447 ]

Ans Koenen 
Jul-15-2003, 20:30 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I could maybe send it better back to you Julie, so that you can look it over if there are no words or phrases wrong typed by me.
I don´t think that i´m good at writing a biography but I dont mind to type it for you, no matter how many words you use.
But maybe it´s a little difficult and it takes more time because I live in Holland and you in England( I think?)
Greetings Ans.

Nathgertsch
Jul-15-2003, 20:57 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Same for me BTW :-(

Bodo 
Jul-16-2003, 00:26 GMT
IP:
Unknown

So this would be an european co-work :-)

Writen in england
typed in the netherlands
published to the web in austria :-)

Bodo
Jul-16-2003, 00:31 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I´m also working with a modem from home, and
a fast connection at work.

It only takes a long time for 1 time, the first time when you load the site. Then everything is in the cache and if you don´t set up a new windows-system or delete the cache by hand it´s always fast.

But maybe I also delete the sound file in the future if it needs too long...

All in all the new main site has about 150kb of graphik and a 160 kb sound file...+ some other files makes in sum ~330kb I think.
With a modem this will need around 70 seconds for first time visitors I guess.

(but I have seen other official sites, for example the Austrian Telecom has a main page with around 650 kb :-0 ) http://www.a1.net

Bodo
Jul-16-2003, 00:32 GMT
IP:
Unknown

working for his site than for another one :-)

Julie
Jul-16-2003, 11:41 GMT
IP:
Unknown

If I get time, I´ll try and string a few words together, but I don´t want to comit myself as I´m pretty bad at starting things and never finishing them. Not sure whether my knowledge base is good enough either but I can give it a go. It might take me some time.
But if somebody else wants to do it, go ahead!

Julie
Jul-16-2003, 11:44 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Possibly. I´ll have a go at writing it and see how long it is. If it´s only short I´ll type it myself but if it turns out long I´d be glad of the help.

Nathgertsch
Jul-17-2003, 14:20 GMT
IP:
Unknown

He told me he will give you his answer in the coming days. They already have a bio in the Italian site and it should be not a problem for Guido to translate it but he must first ask the owner of the site if he´s agree and maybe you would prefer an original one, not taken from an other site wich is totally logical. In that case, I´m sure Guido would write one with much pleasure but I know he doesn´t have much time.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread