Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineFan Klausi passed away

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Oct-03-2023, 12:24 GMT
South Africa

I have the sad news that Klausi, a long time fan from Germany and also long time member of this website, passed away this August. Some from the time around 2002-2007 will remember him for sure.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 479 ]

Matthias
Oct-03-2023, 16:12 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Not the news we want to read, but thank you Bodo for sharing!
Sending my condolence to his loved ones - music probably can't substitue or tears :-(

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 473 ]

Bodo
Oct-03-2023, 18:45 GMT

He was really a long time fan, back from the 1970s, and he also had a big collection of tapes , most Super VHS of nearly everything that was on German TV by Paul since 1980.

I got a german Version of Pauls Movie from him once , very rare cause I guess they are not showing that movie anylonger in German.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 467 ]

Ans
Oct-04-2023, 18:17 GMT

This is very sad news. We had a fan meeting in Stuttgart in 2008 and I saw Klausi and some other fans there. Klausi was a very nice guy who shared a lot of information on this forum about Paul during the years. Hearing the sound on concerts as good as possible was very important to him. As we always wanted seats up front or running to have the best spot Klausi choose to be in a position near the sound system just for the sound. We talked a lot on the forum here in the old days, nice memories. Thank you Bodo for sharing this news with us.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 426 ]

Bodo
Oct-05-2023, 07:18 GMT

I am in contact with his widow and its really very sad and tragic. Klausi was ill since a long time and not be able to work at a computer since last November. I asked her if he could at least listen to the last album by Paul, but was told he would not know about it and could not listen. very tragic end of life :-(

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 400 ]

Ans
Oct-05-2023, 09:40 GMT

That is indeed very tragic. It is very sad that Klausi could no longer enjoy Paul’s music. It would have given him a lot of comfort. Could you send her my sincere condolences and tell her how much we appreciated his contributions and knowledge about Paul and his music. Klausi was a great fan and a very nice man.

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 389 ]

Scaaty
Oct-05-2023, 15:22 GMT

Thanks Bodo, for sharing I always enjoyed Klausis contributions to the site, and he never was afraid to make a critical remark if needed.
May he ‘head for a place of quiet where the sage and sweet grass grow by a lake of sacred water from the mountains melted snow’

[Like] 1 Lara Lara
[Reply] - [Readers: 378 ]

Brenda
Oct-07-2023, 00:55 GMT

So very sad to hear that Klausi had passed. Sincere condolences to his wife and family .I always enjoyed reading his posts . May he Rest in Peace.

[Like] 1 Lara Lara
[Reply] - [Readers: 335 ]

Lara
Oct-13-2023, 21:35 GMT

What sad news... I remember Klausi as a very active member here. My deepest condolences to his family.
Thank you Bodo for sharing.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 236 ]

Bodo
Oct-16-2023, 18:01 GMT

I only have 1 picture of him (left), he was fun and very generous.
https://http://www.paul-simon.info/PHP/showpic.php
?id=1031

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 208 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread