Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineSeven Psalms

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Brenda
Apr-26-2023, 03:11 GMT
USA - United Staates America

From Derek Johnson . I'm thrilled to see that Paul Simon's "Seven Psalms" is coming soon. I had the unique honor of co-transcribing and editing Simon's own transcendent acoustic guitar part with my mentor and Paul Simon's music director Mark Stewart. It has been and continues to be simply amazing to be a part of something so special. "
Wynton Marsalis was in the trailer . Maybe he has was involved .

[Like] 1 Jay Jay
[Reply] - [Readers: 658 ]

Jay
Apr-26-2023, 05:44 GMT

All indications point to this being an extremely special project. They’re holding back to release it all at once, it’s getting a documentary and now they’re doing a live premiere in New York in early May. It’s gonna be fascinating to hear.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 654 ]

Erwin
Apr-26-2023, 07:54 GMT

Live premaire as in playing live in concert??

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 647 ]

Megma
Apr-26-2023, 13:07 GMT

Thanks, Brenda! Great info.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 619 ]

Jay
Apr-26-2023, 16:22 GMT

The premiere is a playing of the album, not a live performance. Still, how many albums get an event like that? To me, it’s a sign that the album is expected to be really well received.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 597 ]

Jay
Apr-26-2023, 16:25 GMT

The premiere is a playing of the album, not a live performance. Still, how many albums get an event like that? To me, it’s a sign that the album is expected to be really well received.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 596 ]

Bodo
Apr-27-2023, 10:25 GMT

"Still, how many albums get an event like that?"

Is zero the answer?

He wont do any promotions, no TV shows, no radio interviews, no tour of course. So that was the only thing the poor marketing team could set up :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 550 ]

Jay
Apr-27-2023, 23:26 GMT

What a Debbie downer

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 508 ]

Jay
Apr-27-2023, 23:52 GMT

I don’t think he’s going to tour cause he’s said he’s ya know, retired from touring. While I’m calling this an album for simplicity sake it technically is something else and therefore will have a different kind of promotional approach. It’s really like a 33 minute long single. Because of all that and the fact that his last two new projects Stranger and So Beautiful were two of the best albums he’s ever made, I’m predicting this is gonna be something special. I guess we’ll see though.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 503 ]

mog
Apr-28-2023, 14:46 GMT

Tour, no. At best, maybe a few shows in select cities? But it is hard to tell not having heard the album if it has any appeal beyond the hard-core fans. Taylor Swift's voice on one of the psalms could have helped, but...(joke).

It may be something that could be influential on the long-run, and admired by musicians and long-time fans. His 'A Love Supreme', if you see what I mean.

Or maybe it is far-fetched stuff that will disappear as soon as it is released? Who knows?

I suspect Paul will do some interviews here and there.

As I mentioned, I am already happy with new music. And now there will be a documentary of some sort. Enjoy!

[Like] 2 Jay, Arthur Dent Jay, Arthur Dent
[Reply] - [Readers: 472 ]

Erwin
Apr-28-2023, 19:16 GMT

Was Paul mot supposed to appear at a late night show in the US some months ago but it was canceled because he was ill.
Perhaps that was to talk about the new album. A few interviews is going to happen i think. I do not see him play a "40 minute single" live. But perhaps a few shows in New York to play the new album along with a few solo songs is possible???

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 459 ]

Megma
Apr-29-2023, 17:26 GMT

Erwin, Yes I remember that he was indeed supposed to appear awhile back, maybe it was on Steve Colbert or smth?

Anyway, I would be surprised if Paul does not do any interviews -- I expect he will do some.

And I know he won't do a tour, but here is to hoping he performs a song/movement from Seven Psalms on aforementioned late night talk show, or even SNL :)

Btw, when do album reviews typically drop? 1-2 wks before release? I just did a search and can't find any reviews, yet.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 410 ]

Brenda
May-03-2023, 02:44 GMT

Paul was to appear on the Jimmy Kimmel show ON 29 Sept the week that he was broadcasting from New York . Paul cancelled just before taping and Jimmie announced that Paul had COVID . A few days earlier Paul had performed at a private fundraiser and door knocked the next day campaigning for Senator Tim Ryan.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 285 ]

Brenda
May-03-2023, 05:53 GMT

On May 2, Pioneer Works is holding an exclusive premiere listening of Paul’s forthcoming record, Seven Psalms.

Please note: Paul Simon will not be present at this event. Space is very limited and only those that RSVP and receive confirmation will be secured admittance, on a first-come-first-served basis.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 273 ]

Megma
May-03-2023, 12:53 GMT

Okay, did anyone find any reviews from yesterdays live event/premiere of Seven Psalms?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 237 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread