Bottom

HeadlinePaul Simon performance 23 sept

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Erwin  
Sep-04-2022, 18:21 GMT
South Africa

Singer Paul Simon to perform at Ryan senate fundraiser in Canfield
Simon will also participate in a meet and greet with guests.
https://http://www.wfmj.com/story/47195910/singer-
paul-simon-to-perform-at-ryan-senate-fundraiser-in
-canfield

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 798 ]

Bodo
Sep-24-2022, 07:20 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Anyone going today?

;+)

Have to admit I think its a waste of time he is doing those political fundraisers. He is doing 1-2 Shows a year now, and these political things wont have an impact at all.

And I also believe those people who spend their money in thousands for that Senate seat have already made their decission before to give that money, they would come for Paul...or for Britney Spears...or for a monkey playing card tricks. As a fan who wants to come for the music I would not even know how to get an invitation to spend my 2500 usd. :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 621 ]

Bodo
Sep-24-2022, 07:24 GMT

Curious, do I just show up at Tim Ryans house today with my 2500 in Cash? or how is that fundraiser thing working?

His website has no info
http://timforoh.com/

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 620 ]

Scaaty  
Sep-24-2022, 11:03 GMT

I think you should Bodo! Call it ground research!! Then ask the people for their favourite Paul Simon song - they’d probably say the Boxer!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 612 ]

Brenda
Sep-25-2022, 06:29 GMT

It was a private event at the home of Bruce Zoldan to raise funds for the Senator's campaign. I read it was sold out . Paul campaigned Saturday in Ohio and also went door knocking canvassing for the Senator . There are some great photos around the net !
"At the canvassing event, Ryan was joined by Paul Simon, the legendary folk singer. Simon was in Ohio to appear at some functions for Ryan, including a Friday fundraiser in Youngstown, and that included an impromptu front-yard performance of “Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard” with a borrowed guitar.
Simon said in an interview he was connected to Ryan through a friend, Wynton Marsalis, a jazz trumpeter.

“I would not venture my political opinion about Ohio politics, cities, counties, towns,” Simon said. “I’m not well-informed enough about that.
“But I am concerned and informed about how our future senator here thinks about some of the larger issues in the country. So I’m here with the added pleasure of just being able to meet people in the street.”

"The Boxer" is still my favourite PS song !

[Like] 1 Scaaty Scaaty
[Reply] - [Readers: 584 ]

Scaaty  
Sep-25-2022, 10:19 GMT

I was making a dig at all those people who’s knowledge of Paul Simon began & ended with S&G. I remember attending the Graceland concert with a few friends, which distinctly advertised as music from Africa including songs from Graceland. After an evening of great music and dancing from LSBM, Miriam Makeba, Hugh Masekela and of course Paul & his band, one of my friends moaned it was a terrible concert - he didn’t even play The Boxer! It was a long time befoe I went to a concert with a crowd again!!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 574 ]

Ans
Sep-25-2022, 12:46 GMT

I like it how Paul is always loyal to his friends and that he gets inspired to do this for Tim Ryan who he met through his good friend Wynton Marsalis.

BTW, It seems I can’t like posts from other people here anymore.

[Like] 2 Bodo, Scaaty Bodo, Scaaty
[Reply] - [Readers: 569 ]

Brenda
Sep-26-2022, 08:15 GMT

It is wonderful that Paul cares enough about the future of his country to do this benefit to raise campaign funds and at his age to go door to door knocking canvassing votes. I cannot like posts either Ans and cannot upload a picture as it says I do not have enough rights to access them .

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 525 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread