Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineMiracles & Wonder

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Scaaty
Nov-20-2021, 16:31 GMT
South Africa

Has anyone got this book yet. Am on chapter 3. A bit awkward to listen to as downloaded as a Podcast, so chapters appear backwards. Enjoyable nonetheless

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1113 ]

Ans
Nov-20-2021, 20:41 GMT
USA - United Staates America

I have it. Very enjoyable, I am on chapter 9 now. The chapter about Graceland is touching. Chapter 3 interesting, the study of artistry.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1098 ]

Jay
Nov-20-2021, 23:26 GMT

It’s really good. It goes in depth on both Paul’s life and music. My only complaint would be that the preview of Seven Psalms is like 30 seconds of guitar. Beautiful guitar. Still, I’d of rather have heard a line or two of the song instead. Aside from that extremely minor preference it’s well worth it.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1086 ]

Brenda
Nov-21-2021, 05:06 GMT

Have listened twice now . Excellent audio book. Really exceeded my expectations. Paul seems really happy to be taking part. The many references to his father very touching especially the breakdown of some of the lyrics in "Further to Fly " and "Cool Cool River " that relate to him. So looking forward to the release of the new piece of work also inspired by his father.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1075 ]

Ans
Nov-21-2021, 12:48 GMT

I discovered a mistake at the spotify podcast of Miracle and Wonder. Number 17 - chapter 10 is the same episode as number 2 - prologue. I purchased it via Pushkin on my PC and have it on my phone with spotify. Pushkin has the right chapter about Further to Fly. Spotify has the prologue chapter twice. To bad.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1056 ]

Scaaty
Nov-21-2021, 20:18 GMT
Netherlands

And I’m finding the podcast difficult to navigate. It automatically goes back to the previous chapter. If I open it for the first time the credits start playing - I nearly know them off by heart at this stage?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1039 ]

Ans
Nov-21-2021, 21:24 GMT

On my PC I have no problems and can navigate from the beginning to the end, and all the chapters are right. I use the link from my Pushkin purchase there. It is divided in 19 episodes and 10 Chapters.

I put it also on my Spotify app to listen on my phone, I can navigate between the chapters but am missing the chapter about Further to Fly. Not sure if the problem lays by Spotify or that the link I got from Pushkin to my phone has a mistake.

Scaaty, maybe you can contact them about your problem.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1031 ]

Bodo
Nov-21-2021, 23:45 GMT

So far I love it. I just started and wont read the comments here (spoiler alert haha)
Great that he played slip sliding completely and did not cut it.

I love audio books/ radio plays
about musicians. We have a radio station here producing excellent ones, last one was about a young girl from Vienna, she went to Paris in 1839 to have piano lessons from Chopin. The radio play was made from letters she wrote back home about the piano lessons and about Chopin...and about how freaking cold it was in winter back in 1839 in a room with an open fire, cold fingers and piano playing. Loved it, and I learned that Chopin was maybe the most outstanding piano player of all times.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1018 ]

Ans
Nov-23-2021, 14:46 GMT

The problem with the chapter is fixed now. They wrote me back. Glad it is fixed because Paul gives us so much information in this chapter.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 950 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread