Bottom

HeadlinePS music in 360

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

MOG
May-26-2020, 15:47 GMT
South Africa

Hi folks,

Yeah I know, I have not been writing in a long time. Well, some people here (Bodo excluded) did not like my critical thinking. We used to have good debates back in the 2000's. But in this era of polarization and social media, it is the 'pensée de groupe' that dominates. Sad.

I was writing today to let you know that PS solo albums 1 and 2 and the BOTW album are available in 360 Audio. It is bit of a niche thing, but here the concept: https://http://www.sony.com/electronics/360-realit
y-audio#first-impression

A few streaming services offer it. I use Tidal.

BOTW is quite interesting. Sometimes, I found that it diminishes the stereo version (ex : the georgous vocals at the end of the song). But in most cases, it surprised me, finding the underrated richness of some more obscure songs (Baby Driver, Why Don't Write Me…).

Sample it ! Simply to be listened with a mobile device and headset.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 658 ]

MOG
May-26-2020, 15:50 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Forgot to mention I am supposed to visit the Muscle Shoals Studios in Alabama in January 2021, where some tracks from TGRS and SCAATY were recorded. Hence my interest in the 360 version of TGRS...

But with the pandemic, I don't even know if it is going to occur.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 656 ]

Bodo
May-27-2020, 11:07 GMT

That's new for me.
Do you need special headphones to listen?
Can you buy the albums or is it just streaming? And what player do you need? I assume it is not a simple mp3 file?

Welcome back MOG.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 618 ]

MOG
May-28-2020, 21:51 GMT

No, you do not need special headphones to enjoy the experience. But surely, they will want to sell you some for a nirvana-like experience!

As far as I know, this is offered by streaming (although you can download it offline on your device).

There is need for a special player, you just go with the streaming service app.

I am pretty sure Tidal, for instance, offer a trial period. So subscribe, enjoy, and cancel if you don't want to pursue.

Tidal also offers an extensive catalogue in Master Audio (HD) quality. As far as I recall, only Stranger to Stranger is offered in this format for PS catalogue. And it sounds nice.

I forgot to mention that they also offer Art's Breakaway and Angel Clare in 360. Believe it or not, I do enjoy some Art here and there now !

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 573 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread