Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineAnd he blew Bend Oregon away

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Robert  
Jun-26-2017, 15:45 GMT
USA - United Staates America

The best concert I have ever been. Thank you Paul and all who surround you with love, care and the energy to inspire us so. Thanks also to the attendees for appreciating and participating in the concert. We danced, we sang and many of us were ecstatic. I do believe I saw Paul crying with tears of joy, I and others surely were.
I grew up in Queens and in 1966 I brought my first stereo and a copy of “Sounds of Silence”. I was still living in Queens but working in Manhattan and spending time there. I played that album until I wore it out. I wanted to see Paul Simon many times but...
The concert so moved me, I took off my priced button “Oregon Loves New York” and put it on the stage for Paul. The button was from a trip in September of 2001 when our mayor led 800 Oregonians to New York City to show our support.
One interesting note. For half the concert the crowd control people would only let the first row folks dance in the area directly in front of the band. You had to have a special bracelet. Then Paul sang a song about the need for special bracelet to get in places and after that we were allowed up front. Thanks again Paul!

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 2584 ]

Brenda
Jun-28-2017, 02:55 GMT
Australia

Thank you Robert for sharing your memories of the concert. What a brilliant night it must have been . There was a great review too from the concert.
http://www.bendbulletin.com/entertainment/go/54088
74-151/paul-simon-takes-charge-in-bend

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2488 ]

Håkan  
Jul-10-2017, 10:22 GMT

When I go to a concert, I do it because I want to listen to the music and see the musicians on stage. I'm not paying high ticket prices to see people in front of me dancing and blockinn my view (and the sound from the stage).

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2291 ]

Bodo  
Jul-10-2017, 13:17 GMT
Austria

When I go to a PAUL SIMON concert I want to enjoy the music, I want to dance and move and not sit around like home and have no emotions.

It is a difference going to a Paul Simon concert and a classic orchestra show. Music is made for enjoyment, dancing is part of the music (otherwise dancing would be part of dinner, if you see a nice pizza you would dance..that would be strange)

If you go to a Paul Simon concert you have to acceppt danicng people. Because he is playing uppeat music with african rhythms.
If you go to a opera, you don't have to.

It is relative easy.

For hearing the music and seeing the band they produce DVDs. (Anyway, even when I dance I am able to hear, and even then if everyone is standing I can always see the band)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2282 ]

Håkan
Jul-10-2017, 13:52 GMT

That's your opinion, and I respect that.

When I paid 130 euro per ticket for sit in row 2 in Stockholm I had a couple in front of me and she was up and jumping during the first numbers and she was furthermore obviously influented by drugs. Her body was exactly disturbing my point of view so all I saw was her instead of Paul Simon. Told the guard, who in turn told her sit down. Problem solved!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2278 ]

Brenda
Jul-11-2017, 02:56 GMT
Australia

Paul loves people to get up and dance. Even encourages it. My best time was in 2013 in Newcastle in Australia dancing with heaps of people right opposite Paul in front of the stage. Such a fun and unforgettable night. The audience at the Hyde Park Graceland 2012 Concert were all standing (except for the seated part on the side ) and all seemed to have had a great time.

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 2240 ]

Håkan
Jul-11-2017, 12:34 GMT

Well, an outdoor concert with only standing people, that is totally different matter.
When I pay to sit, I like to use the chair I have paid for. It's there for a reason.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2221 ]

Brenda
Jul-11-2017, 13:35 GMT
Australia

I could never sit and just watch when Paul does Me and Julio or the Graceland songs no matter whether indoors or outdoors. You can see how much Paul enjoys people happy and dancing . Guess it also depends on your age too ! Remember the audiences on television when S and G performed in the sixties . They looked like statues. Don't think they even breathed ! Keep blowing the room away Paul !

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 2211 ]

Håkan
Jul-11-2017, 13:54 GMT

Really? How hard can it be?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2208 ]

Bodo
Jul-11-2017, 14:32 GMT
Austria

Paul is going on summer tours and playing outdoors whenever possible. I understand he does not like the seated concert houses and enchourages people to stand up at least half during the show.

The problem is that most promoters can not understand what "Paul Simon" is, they still think it is Simon and Garfunkel, just him alone, so they book seated theaters and put him together in the cup of Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Art Garfunkel and other folk-singer-songwriters.

From the last summer tours Paul did nearly all shows have been outside concerts. Only UK and Ireland are too rainy ;-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2199 ]

Brenda
Jul-12-2017, 03:20 GMT
Australia

Outdoors is best for me anyway. Hopefully Paul will keep that in mind if he comes back to OZ. He played quite a few wineries here . Now that was great !!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2155 ]

Richard USVI
Jul-18-2017, 14:30 GMT

I have had this debate many times over the years on this forum.

For me, dancing at a concert is the same as cigarette smoking. If someone wants to smoke and commit a slow, horrible suicide that makes them smell bad in the meantime, that is their right. However, if their smoke reaches my lungs, they are now interfering with my right to breath without poison. When I buy a concert ticket, I don't care who stands or dances, so long as they don't block my view.

As for outside concerts, I am not a fan. The recent concert in South Carolina was by far the worst venue I have ever seen Paul play. Not only was the place disgusting (only two portable toilets for 5,000 people until they opened some more) and the crowd was so drunk that Paul even asked "what are you drinking? I only drink water... while we still have some." Instead of listening, most of the people were talking and holding up their cell phones to take selfies with the stage in the background. The sound system was bad, but it didn't matter because the audience was so loud and rude that only the loud songs drowned them out. I guess I am one of the few people who like to actually hear the music at a concert. Must be my old age.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2079 ]

Bodo
Jul-18-2017, 16:51 GMT
Austria

dancing is "committing suicide" and "bad smell"..

Then we need to pray this guy will survive
https://youtu.be/Dl8TkXfl9mE?t=22

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2065 ]

Glnk
Jul-19-2017, 01:07 GMT
Unknown

It was the same in the Youtube I watched of the Charlotte NC show. I'm not saying anyone was really drunk, just acting like they were at a bar. Because if the venue was disorganized and no one else seemed to care care, so why should they...hopefully he didn't take it too personally.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2031 ]

Brenda
Jul-19-2017, 03:42 GMT
Australia

Sure hope he will survive Bodo ! Love to see Paul dancing and having a great time . Great clip ! He seems so much more relaxed now on stage now .

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2023 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread