Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlinePaul Simon not retiring now

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo  
Jul-28-2016, 17:16 GMT
Austria

Well, it seems sometimes Paul Simon is just testing our nerves. While he made some clear statements to NY times in late June that he thinks about retiring - or taking a very long rest at the age of 74 (which would anyway result in retiring, or can we hope for a comeback at 85?), Paul said in a recent interview before the DNC, that he never said that he will retire now.

He just said he was thinking what it would it mean for him to retire, would it changing his perspective and such things. Okay, fine for us. Maybe also some close friends had influence on him, many wrote him letters and called him and said he can not retire. So he didn't... maybe?

Good news for us.

Here is the full interview. (1 hour)
http://podcast.cnn.com/the-axe-files-david-axelrod

/episode/all/cMybDhSzsFf7mW/gzvxqz.1-1.html

Now lets just hope his voice is still absolute fine and he does not give a *&$%§ on the crazy comments after the performance of Bridge on the DNC.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] 2 Jochen, Ersa76 Jochen, Ersa76
[Reply] - [Readers: 3428 ]

Bodo  
Jul-28-2016, 17:26 GMT
Austria

I am happy he made that clear.

I did believe him, cause it would fit so perfect to Paul Simon, just to disappear from the public and retire. Surprise!

As long as he can still sing fine and clear (even maybe at a lower key in the future), I would visit his concerts. There is no better songwriter around.

[Like] 1 Jochen Jochen
[Reply] - [Readers: 3422 ]

Brenda
Aug-01-2016, 02:18 GMT
Australia

Yes wonderful news Bodo. That is a great interview. Good to hear Paul clear up the confusion. Chuck Close certainly helped too. Read a really interesting article a few weeks ago about Chuck.He did mention that conversation with Paul.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 3227 ]

Bodo
Aug-01-2016, 07:17 GMT
Austria

took me a second to find the connection

[Like] 3 Jupira, Brenda, Ersa76 Jupira, Brenda, Ersa76
[Reply] - [Readers: 3208 ]

Michiel
Aug-01-2016, 20:56 GMT
Netherlands

Hi Bodo. Where did you find that? Thnx

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 3140 ]

Brenda
Aug-02-2016, 05:02 GMT
Australia

I have a copy of Chuck's portrait of Paul thanks to a friend in the USA who very kindly bought it at one of the recent shows. I really treasure it.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 3099 ]

Erwin
Oct-12-2016, 16:14 GMT
Netherlands

Big article in the Dutch newspaper today about Paul and his upcoming European tour. Paul saying he will decide in the beginning next year wetter he will retire or he will continue. No questions were allowed about Art so I think they are not on speaking terms anymore......
http://www.ad.nl/show/wat-heb-ik-nog-te-doen-in-di
t-bestaan~af50a4ca/

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2689 ]

Scaaty
Oct-13-2016, 01:00 GMT
Ireland

Leonard Cohen, releasing a new album this month, has gone one step further than retirement by stating he is ready & waiting for death in this article in the New Yorker http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/17/leona
rd-cohen-makes-it-darker

In the article LC describes a conversation with Bob Dylan about who is the best song writer - apparently a famous songwriter told BD that if he (BD) was No 1, the songwriter was definitely No 2. Would that be Paul Simon I wonder - I seem to remember that being mentioned before!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2646 ]

Scaaty
Oct-22-2016, 15:12 GMT
Ireland

More dismissing of retirement in a rather tetchy interview in today's Irish times:- http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/paul-simon
-at-75-the-mind-improves-as-you-get-older-1.283022

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2487 ]

Simon D.
Oct-23-2016, 13:51 GMT
United Kingdom

Chuck Berry is just about to release his latest album. Aged 90!. No sign of retirement there.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2414 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread