Start a new Thread

Bottom

Headline"my paul and your paul"

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Richard
Jun-02-2013, 11:54 GMT
USA - Virgin Islands

I rented a documentary on the Beatles recently in which people who had met them or worked with them gave snippets of information about their interactions. It included a short interview with Garfunkel, who talked about visiting John Lennon at his apartment long after the Beatles disbanded. Art said Lennon pulled him aside and said he wanted his opinion on going back to work with "his Paul." Apparently Lennon felt that Art and Paul had similar creative differences. According to Art, he recommended they get back together if they could put all the person issues aside and simply concentrate on the music. It was an interesting little interview.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 614 ]

Bodo
Jun-04-2013, 22:27 GMT
Austria

Thanks - well now that reminds me of that fictional movie, when Paul and John meet again for one day in New York.

This interview now gives a good insight on todays relationship of Paul and Art. Well - I (just a personal opinion) think there isn't a big relationship, and Art seems to be a little bit frustrated about that. I remember the recent interview Art gave, with the A and B news to call Paul.....and Art not having any A news. So he does not seem to be happy with that "working partnership deal", but he suggested it to John Lennon.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 555 ]

Brenda
Jun-05-2013, 01:30 GMT
Australia

this was posted on the AG Forum in 2009
"Interesting - I recently found a Rolling Stone (Sept 1983) article:

...Garfunkel, meanwhile, struck an odd note on network TV during a chat with Boyd Matson of Today.
"John Lennon was talking to me once," said Art Garfunkel, "and he wanted to know how it was working with your old partner, because 'McCartney's interested in doing something with me, and I'm thinking about it.'
And I said, 'Well, first is the musical level. It's great fun to harmonize. If you've not made that blend that you used to make in a long time, you'll see that it's pleasurable. It's enough to stick to and forget...'"
"Uh," interrupted Simon, "you don't know John Lennon."
"No," admitted Garfunkel, laughing. "I made up the whole thing."

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 553 ]

Bodo
Jun-05-2013, 10:35 GMT
Austria

very good Brenda :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 548 ]

Richard
Jun-05-2013, 11:38 GMT
USA - Virgin Islands

To think that Art made up this conversation and then gave an interview in the Beatles movie is quite sad for him. Imagine (pun intended) being so desperate for attention.

On the other hand, the interview seemed to be done from his penthouse apartment overlooking Central Park (he pointed to the Dakota across on the other side), so he is not hurting for money!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 545 ]

Brenda
Jun-05-2013, 12:16 GMT
Australia

I know. Seems odd Richard but the person who posted this is a very great Art fan and was an administrator on the Forum at the time so I do believe what she said. Maybe because his remarks have been all over the internet for a long time Art just decided to go along with it.

I did check the Art Forum again this morning before posting this. The date of the entry was 25/02/09

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 542 ]

anthony
Jun-05-2013, 19:33 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Yes Art still tells that story, but he doesn't seem to have
had much of anything but an acquaintance with any of them.
And that Best Friends Forever that Paul talked about in 2009,
doesn't seem to have lasted that long yet again. I wish people would realize that life is short and if someone has to
tell Art where Paul was, that's bad.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 524 ]

Richard
Jun-06-2013, 17:26 GMT
USA - Virgin Islands

I agree that is sad.

Changing subject (but perhaps not worth a complete new thread) -- has anyone here read the novel named "Peace Like a River"? I don't know if it has anything to do with the song.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 488 ]

Scaaty
Jun-06-2013, 23:56 GMT
Ireland

I've always felt there was a closer affinity between Paul Simon and John Lennon, both feeling that they were the true genius of a well known duo. Particularly obvious when they were giving out an award for the best song - it was for Marianne faithful but art garfunkel was accepting the award for her. The remarks between John & Paul regarding art (& the other Paul ) did not do any favours to themselves.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 467 ]

Scaaty
Jun-06-2013, 23:57 GMT
Ireland

I've always felt there was a closer affinity between Paul Simon and John Lennon, both feeling that they were the true genius of a well known duo. Particularly obvious when they were giving out an award for the best song - it was for Marianne faithful but art garfunkel was accepting the award for her. The remarks between John & Paul regarding art (& the other Paul ) did not do any favours to themselves.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 467 ]

Brenda
Jun-07-2013, 01:32 GMT
Australia

That was pure John Lennon! But I always thought there was no malice in it. they were both just joking. Like Paul's remarks to Art before singing The Boxer on SNL 1975. "so Artie you've come crawling back ?. movies are over now?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 463 ]

anthony
Jun-07-2013, 20:23 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Absolutely joking, as if Paul would come out with that remark.
I know what Art thinks of the other Beatles, but have no idea
what Paul thinks except he must have liked George Harrison
a lot, just my opinion.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 445 ]

Brenda
Jun-07-2013, 23:15 GMT
Australia

Anthony,From Rolling Stone ,Jan 2002. Paul Simon Remember George Harrison
http://www.douban.com/note/171093268/

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 438 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage