www.paul-simon.info 
The neck of my Guitar

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineCan anybody but Art Garfunkel sing like Art Garfunkel?

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Keegan.
Dec-15-2012, 18:00 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Is there anyone in the US that can sing like Artie. Imitated S&G with that beauty he ever so has. I would love to meet you.
It will be a great show!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 606 ]

Michiel
Dec-15-2012, 21:46 GMT
Netherlands

Hi keegan. Or should I say Corry?

[Like] 1 Rosie Rosie
[Reply] - [Readers: 600 ]

Ans
Dec-15-2012, 23:11 GMT
Netherlands

Keegan is not Corry, he made a nice entry in the fan data base and is a member of the S&G Tribute Band 59th Street Bridge.

https://http://www.facebook.com/TributeToSimonAndG
arfunkel

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 593 ]

Corry
Dec-16-2012, 00:30 GMT
Netherlands

"Here I am......": Michiel I have a wise advice to you: just keep singing on your You Tube!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 586 ]

Corry
Dec-16-2012, 00:42 GMT
Netherlands

Keegan: I have the following YT-link for you:perhaps this one might be something for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4jtlhlwXgM

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 585 ]

Corry
Dec-16-2012, 00:46 GMT
Netherlands

Keegan: just take a look at the following You Tube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4jtlhlwXgM

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 585 ]

Michiel
Dec-16-2012, 10:08 GMT
Netherlands

Thanks Ans, just checking.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 575 ]

Michiel
Dec-16-2012, 11:06 GMT
Netherlands

I don't think Keegan should watch them Corry.. I do not pretend to sing like AG, just sing with my own voice..

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 573 ]

Brenda
Dec-16-2012, 11:16 GMT
Australia

Keep on singing Michiel! Love your covers! Kathy's song is beautiful!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 573 ]

Bodo
Dec-16-2012, 21:00 GMT
Austria

I am running out of answers, but some questions grew on my mind -
Can anybody in the US sing like Paul Simon?
or
Can anybody in France sing like Britney Spears?

All good questions, but we will never know the answers to them.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 554 ]

Keegan.
Dec-18-2012, 16:27 GMT

Nice job Michiel. Love that song! I'm just convinced there is no one but Artie that can sing that stuff. My quest will continue.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 517 ]

Michiel  
Dec-18-2012, 20:10 GMT

that's inherent to your question. No one like Artie can sing like Artie. No one like [name any person] can sing like [that person]

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 507 ]

Michiel
Dec-18-2012, 20:58 GMT
Netherlands

Of course I mean.. Noone BUT etc...but thanks for the compliment anyway and keep on searching

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 506 ]

Michiel
Dec-18-2012, 21:34 GMT
Netherlands

But I guess Paul Simon can sing that stuff! It is his song. For this particular song I think Simon's voice even fits better than Garfunkel's..

Corry  
Dec-18-2012, 21:35 GMT
Netherlands

Michiel: Where are YOU living now? I am convinced of the fact that the "Michiel" from the "the USA" is really the SAME Michiel who lives in Holland.

Keegan: I know I am swearing in the church of this site, but you are so right: nobody is able to sing "Kathy`s song" with so much feeling and right from the buttom of his heart than Art Garfunkel. He took over the song from Paul Simon and he always mentions the name of Paul when he was going to perform this song. The reason why Art chose JUST this song is the following. It is a dedication "to my beautiful wife Kathryn". And apparently there is no any fight anymore between Paul and Art about the performing of this song by Art: they both have become old and wise regarding this. I am afraid - while I am writing this _ I`ll be thrown away from this forum: never mind I did my job!

I`ll finish my contribution to this subject by the following words. Just like the fights during decades between Paul and Art on the fora also a same fight takes place when you love Paul ( as this site does and it is its right): when you love Art`s singing you are comdamned and vice versa. In fact this is too mad for words: I have my opinion about both of them but I try to be neutral.

Keegan: I wish you a Merry Christmans and a Happy New Year and a lot of success in your search for covers like "Kathy`s song". I have to admit I`ve also always loved the way Paul Simon sang it: with his version "of this beautiful lovesong from our generation written by Paul Simon" I grew up. But I never listen to "covers": just listening to the original songs.

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread