Start a new Thread

Bottom

Headlinechristian copy of call me al

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

chick
Nov-26-2012, 22:54 GMT
United Kingdom

Switched on the tv and caught the opening bars of Paul Simon´s ´You can call me Al´ on a Christian tv show on the BBC, but the rest of the song was a piece of Christian music called ´Over all the earth´ that people were singing in a church. The introduction to the song was exactly the same as You can call me Al, using the same instruments and syncopations. Is this an official collaboration? I looked up the show on the net and its called Songs Of Praise. The church band was fronted by a black guy called Steve Thompson. Has anyone else seen this, or got any more information about Paul Simon´s religious beliefs?

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1959 ]

DannyJ
Nov-27-2012, 19:45 GMT
United Kingdom

Paul was born Jewish but is not religious... although the concept of God appears in many of his songs as a vehicle for spirituality amongst other themes. He has a love of gospel music, to roots of modern Pop and Jazz...

The Jesse Dixon group song 'Jesus Is The Answer' famously features on Live Rhymin', a rare injection of a non-PS track into a tracklist. He clearly appreciates what gospel has given the world. I'm not religious, but I love the music.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1915 ]

Kuno
Nov-29-2012, 08:09 GMT
South Africa

As the late great George Carlin used to say:

The only good thing ever to come out of religion was the music.

Couldn't agree more !

Cheers from South Africa...

[Like] 3 Rosie, Brenda, Jupira Rosie, Brenda, Jupira
[Reply] - [Readers: 1866 ]

Bodo
Nov-29-2012, 15:53 GMT
Austria

I remember a friend who is very religious and also a musician. He refused to play the song 'Old' because Paul sang: "God is old"
It's senseless to have any further discussions about such arguments. Paul is satan.

[Like] 1 Jupira Jupira
[Reply] - [Readers: 1857 ]

jupira
Dec-17-2012, 14:26 GMT
Brazil

What are you doing in South Africa???
Musical search as Paul? :-)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1776 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread