Nov-14-2012, 15:34 GMT
Netherlands

Paul Simon w/ Lin Brehmer Backstage At The Chicago Theater [Listen]
November 13, 2012 11:15 AM

Link:

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2012/11/13/audio-paul-sim
on-interview-on-demand/

Text:

A Paul Simon radio interview is a very rare affair so when he consented to spend some time talking about his new album last week, we were in heaven. From the side of the stage at the Chicago Theater last Tuesday, I watched Paul go over some parts of the song “Slip Slidin’ Away.”

After an acclaimed XRT Show at the Vic Theater on Monday night, the band was preparing for Tuesday’s XRT Show at The Chicago Theater. It was a unique angle to view the rehearsal process. When he was done with his sound check, we climbed the stairs to his dressing room.

I turned on a digital recorder and started chatting. Paul was generous with insights into his songwriting, his new album, and his motivation. A more pleasant 30 minutes would be hard to imagine. He’s been everywhere recently. He and Steve Martin did a bit on Jimmy Fallon. He was back on Saturday Night Live a little over a week ago. The song he wrote for Oprah was the last thing Oprah fans heard today as her show said its final farewell.

The whole interview can be downloaded:

Download: 01-track-01-93.mp3

Paul Simon Talks With Lin Brehmer (Part 1)

Download: 02-track-02-43.mp3

Paul Simon Talks With Lin Brehmer (Part 3)

Download: 03-track-03-23.mp3

Paul Simon Talks With Lin Brehmer (Part 3)

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 984 ]

Bodo
Nov-14-2012, 15:46 GMT
Austria

Hi Corry!

Thanks for bringin all those news, I really appreciate that!

So do not understand me wrong now if I have a (small) critic - it is in general not a good idea to copy the whole text from another website.

In fact: It is not fair to the original author (although you provided the link, so thats good for him, I guess he will be fine )
But now I will tell you some small insight from googles world. Google is penalting websites which do copy parts of other websites. They have very clever algorythms to find out who wrote which text first and who just made a copy and in the end their computers say: paul-simon.info just makes copies of other websites, we take it out of our search results. :-( Not good ...its death.

This might happen if it is done one many many many pages. I am sure it will not happen now because of a few articles

But anyway, with the audio links the original author provides it would be better to just write 2-3 sentences and provide the link - I can not play the files here anyway:

---------------------------------------------------

Paul Simon w/ Lin Brehmer Backstage At The Chicago Theater

Paul has done a radio interview for cbs on Nov 13, there is an article with some audio clips on this page:
http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2012/11/13/audio-paul-sim

on-interview-on-demand/

He talks about recent songwriting, Steve Martin, Saturday Night live and a song he wrote for Ophra (I did not know he wrote another?? song for Ophra. Guess it is just the 10/25 years song)

[Like] 1 Xxxxx Xxxxx
[Reply] - [Readers: 980 ]

Bodo
Nov-14-2012, 15:49 GMT
Austria

This is a very nice interview!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 980 ]

SueR
Nov-14-2012, 15:57 GMT
United Kingdom

Bodo, thanks for explaining this to Corry. I see on the S&G Message Board that the same thing was posted this morning (by 59Groovy) using only two lines! That's the best way to do it.

[Like] 1 Xxxxx Xxxxx
[Reply] - [Readers: 980 ]

Corry  
Nov-14-2012, 16:39 GMT
Netherlands

Bodo: many thanks for explaining how to describe an article on the forum: now I know how I have to put up news on the forum: just a view sentences! I really thought I had to copy the entire article, but now it appears this is a wrong assumtion from my side: I learn every day here (when I am posting.....;)

SueR: I also take your wise advice: thank you very much!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 976 ]

Ans
Nov-14-2012, 17:21 GMT
Netherlands

Hi Bodo,

I think in the past we needed to write 300 characters before we could post news in the news section, that is hard to do without copying text from the original article. 2 or 3 lines and then the link is a very good idea. The last time I posted news I still needed to write 300 characters before I could post my news article. I know you had the rule to avoid that people used the news section to write messages or other stuff that didn't have anything to do with news about Paul but this rule kept me from posting news because it takes some time to write a good text in English when it's not your native language :)

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 974 ]

Bodo
Nov-14-2012, 17:49 GMT
Austria

Good hint Ans - I will delete that rule. Whatever works best :-)

[Like] 1 Xxxxx Xxxxx
[Reply] - [Readers: 970 ]

Corry  
Nov-14-2012, 19:54 GMT
Netherlands

Bodo: thanks for deleting that rule! You know now the reason why I put up the whole article in my naivity?????

Ans: thanks to you for your pointing out to Bodo regarding
"the rule":ÿou "read my lips"!

[Like] 1 Brenda Brenda
[Reply] - [Readers: 962 ]

Brenda
Nov-15-2012, 08:31 GMT
Australia

Thanks Bodo for reducing the words in the News Section. This is indeed a great interview which I recorded from a website in May 2011. The interview was before Paul's May 2011 show in Chicago. Guess what I am trying to ask is the News section for current news about Paul? I believe the article is a little misleading as it implies the interview is a recent one. Thanks for posting the link though Corry as many people may have missed the original article.

[Like] 1 Xxxxx Xxxxx
[Reply] - [Readers: 945 ]

Corry  
Nov-15-2012, 14:20 GMT
Netherlands

Thanks Brenda for your contribution regarding this article.
Indeed I did not know the fact that in fact this interview took place on another time but I had such intuitive feeling that something was not right! The article had the date of November 13th, but everyone knows (on this board) that Paul did not give a performance this year on that date. But whom am I compared to you: just a little chain, because Brenda knows everything! regarding Paul Simon! (By the way: Menneke is my nickname ;)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 930 ]

Brenda
Nov-15-2012, 15:15 GMT
Australia

Corry, Wish I did know everything about Paul But I have a long way to go before that happens!

[Like] 2 Bodo, Xxxxx Bodo, Xxxxx
[Reply] - [Readers: 929 ]

Bodo
Nov-15-2012, 15:54 GMT
Austria

You really know a lot Brenda. :-)
Well, I think I forget everything now as I become older :-( I also thought that this is a new interview, it is on the cbs page and the date was Nov 13 2012.

[Like] 1 Xxxxx Xxxxx
[Reply] - [Readers: 928 ]

Brenda
Nov-15-2012, 23:15 GMT
Australia

It was misleading Bodo. Here is the original article last year

http://cbswxrt.wordpress.com/artists/paul-simon/

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 914 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread