Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineUnder African skies in NY - today

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Nov-14-2012, 10:40 GMT
Austria

Joe Berlinger will be at this airing in New York today and you can ask questions about the movie.

DATE: Wednesday, November 14th 2012
TIME: 9:15pm
VENUE: IFC Center,323 6th Avenue at West 3rd Street, New York, NY 10014

Director Joe Berlinger in person for Q&A

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 392 ]

Scaaty
Nov-14-2012, 11:53 GMT
Ireland

Question I'd like to ask him: was Paul difficult to work with? Were the reunions as genuinely emotional as they appear. And was going to SA during apartheid arrogance, ignorance or genius knowing that the world needed to see African society as having a true place in the 20th century and not a backward place full of starving black babies needing western pennies.

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 389 ]

Bodo
Nov-14-2012, 15:34 GMT
Austria

I like your questions.
Although, I already know the answers.

"It was a pleasure"

"It was one of the most emotional thrilling moments of my life"

"It was pure about music without any thoughts behind it" (basically someone could call that 'ignorance')

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 383 ]

Michiel  
Nov-17-2012, 10:41 GMT
Netherlands

Hi Bodo, funny answer... But I shook hands with the man in Tuschinsky, and he doesn't seem to be a person to only give desirable answers. So his real answers might be less desirable than you expect maybe

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 345 ]

Bodo
Nov-17-2012, 19:05 GMT
Austria

You may be absolute right Michiel. I was only making jokes...because nowadays those are the usual question-answer games the celebrities play.
In fact, I rarely hear interviews where Paul is asked some not very friendly questions. Especially about the 'shared songwriting on Graceland and ROTS' some journalist could start an interesting discussion with Paul. "Who is Heidi Berg?" :-) "Is it annoying for you that Art Garfunkel always talks about recording a new S&G album?"... ah you would not make many friends asking such questions, so I will not do it ;-)

[Like] 1 Rosie Rosie
[Reply] - [Readers: 331 ]

Michiel
Nov-18-2012, 10:37 GMT
Netherlands

You know it's funny. In Tuschinski I had the chance to ask Paul something. Weeks and weeks I was thinking what to ask, as a 3 decades fan. In my mind the question ' How terribly strange is it?' came up, referring to his age at that time still being 70 and Old Friends of course. But that was not related to Graceland. Every question that popped up vanished because maybe he wouldn't like it, or maybe it was not enough related to Graceland, etc. What I learned is this: you should just ask, and ignore what the person might think or whether he would be happy with the question. A girl asked ' can you sing for us one little song' and certainly Simon disliked the question. At first I thought, o no why is shy asking that, but later I thought, she's absolutely right.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 311 ]

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread