Bottom

HeadlineVery quite here

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Nick
Oct-28-2012, 12:45 GMT
United Kingdom

Nick from Widnes England writes:

Currently very quite here. No new Paul Simon news.

Its The Sound Of Silence

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 373 ]

Scaaty
Oct-28-2012, 13:06 GMT
Ireland

I agree Nick, I've been thinking on commenting the same.

Yet there is a lot of activity on AMPS inc people who regularly post here!

I for one don't really like face book even if I try to stick to the AMPS site - I see a lot of other stuff which I don't like & find hard to remove. I also cannot access it from my work computer and my connection is too slow at home.

Bodo, maybe people are slow to post here because we keep having to log in - is there any way we can have a remember me button. This has only been an issue since the melt down.

I would hate this site to fade away and I'm sure there are plenty who agree:)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 373 ]

DannyJ  
Oct-28-2012, 16:48 GMT
United Kingdom

We should have paul-simon.info t-shirts!

Jozsef
Oct-29-2012, 08:24 GMT
Romania

Brilliant idea, Danny! In case this is well designed, would buy 2 of this at the beginning.

Bodo? :D

Bodo
Oct-29-2012, 09:40 GMT
Austria

Hi Everyone

It is definately Facebook eating up this page. I tried to add some usability of FB (FB login and share) to bring back people but it did not help. It is not possible to competete with that network.

It's a pitty because here everything is connected (pictures/concertes/videos/discussion/news/downloads) and easy accessible forever and on FB messages get lost very quick or are hard to find after a few days. Just imagine that you can read concert reviews from the year 2000 here, and it is nearly impossible to find a concert review on FB from 2011... It is just a pinwall there. And of course not everyone has access to FB (or does want to have access). But anyway, thats the way it works. FB is eating up many (if not all) the small pages created by single persons, I have a feeling that in a few years only big media company pages will be left over. Just remember how many Paul Simon fan pages we had 10 years ago, today I only know around 3.
Well, nothing more to add I guess. I already realized in early summer that this page will die now.

Brenda
Oct-29-2012, 12:05 GMT
Australia

Bodo is correct in saying there is a wealth of information on this site. It only takes a few seconds to access a particular interview from years ago or to check info on band members or concerts or news etc. And a great biography! Impossible to search any of this in FB pages. This site and the Dreamer of Music (though this does not have a forum}are the best sources of Paul Simon info. Impossible to search out any of this in FB pages. Previous forum posts are also very interesting to read. We will all be very sorry if this site dies Nothing will replace it. Guess it is up to all of us to participate more . And thank you Bodo for all hard work in restoring the site earlier in the year.

Mimi
Oct-29-2012, 12:13 GMT
Austria

There is a reason that this site has been alive for so many years. I am sure, that it will still exist, when the facebook community has moved over to a new media. Hopefully Bodo will keep this site up. Thanks for your work, Bodo!

Ans
Oct-30-2012, 10:36 GMT
Netherlands

It took me some time to get used to facebook. But now I like it a lot. It's a nice and easy way to connect with other people and friends, meet new people and get up to date information from the sites you like.

But this site is from priceless value for its information and all the articles, concerts and everything else that Bodo mentioned.

The downside from Facebook is that it makes me lazy, I will try to post here more often. But we had quiet times before here, I am sure when Paul gets active again - I read something about a possible new tour - hopefully his album with Edie and a new solo album will make this forum lively again.

Bodo
Oct-30-2012, 12:06 GMT
Austria

Maybe I should add a counter to every message "read by xxx people" ;-) Thats how facebook is telling everyone "look, you posted an important message" ;-)

Ans
Oct-30-2012, 12:45 GMT
Netherlands

Lol, maybe that's not a bad idea Bodo. For me it's not the idea of an important message but it is nice to know that people read your messages and show their interest, the same goes for the Like button. You can let people know you read their messages without feeling the urge to answer every message, especially when you are busy.

Bodo
Oct-30-2012, 13:10 GMT
Austria

Would it be good to have a LIKE and DISLIKE bar (green/red) +/-

or just + and like?

Bodo
Oct-30-2012, 13:52 GMT
Austria

Ok, I have add a simple [Read by x people].
It starts today, old threads haven't been counted.

Registered users always only count for 1 time
Unregistered users count for 1 time per unique IP.
Search engines do not count.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 370 ]

Scaaty  
Oct-30-2012, 14:36 GMT
Ireland

That's a good idea Bodo.
I suppose I've been guilty of keeping quiet probably laziness too!

Re social media sites - a young teenager committed suicide last weekend over cyber bullying, the third this year in Ireland!! My own niece has put up comments on her face book page that are not pleasant - the sort of thing thing that kids might bitch about in the school yard - but when it's in print online it seems to take on a far more sinister meaning.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 366 ]

mog
Oct-30-2012, 16:20 GMT
Canada

I hate these social medias ! It is so sad now to see humanity in public transportation; everybody playing or looking at is little toy, completely unaware of the people around or environment ! The Sound of Silence was written in 1964, but it has still a very long life, let me tell you.

Change of subject: Paul appeared during the last week at a concert to celebrate the United Nations. Any info on this ?

[Like] 1 Bodo Bodo
[Reply] - [Readers: 359 ]

SueR
Oct-30-2012, 18:08 GMT
United Kingdom

I 'like' the idea of a 'like' button Bodo.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 352 ]

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread