Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineGarfunkel concert

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Håkan
Oct-01-2012, 11:19 GMT
USA - United Staates America

Garfunkel didn't even inform his own band mates! They thought they were playing! Such an attitude!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 992 ]

Lina K
Oct-01-2012, 11:57 GMT
Sweden

I read somewhere he took a flight home *with* his band. Did you read otherwise?

Lina K
Oct-01-2012, 11:59 GMT
Sweden

I read somewhere he took a flight home *with* his band. Did you read otherwise?

Håkan
Oct-01-2012, 12:23 GMT

http://www.gp.se/kulturnoje/musik/1.1081435-arrang
oren-beredd-ersatta-efter-garfunkels-forsvinnande

I used google translate:

After Art Garfunkel's mysterious disappearance, the organizers received a claim for compensation from the audience.

- Of course we are open to discuss compensation, says Julius Malmström.

During the day he expects to receive more information on why Garfunkel stayed away from two Swedish concerts, and without a word went back to New York.

- I simply want to know what happened. Not least, we need to sort out the economic and legal developments around the sudden defection. I expect to obtain the details of the day, says Julius Malmström.

The star Art Garfunkel was part of the concert package Night of the Proms which was scheduled for three gigs in Sweden. Concert project began last Thursday in Stockholm. The evening was Garfunkel on stage, albeit with a slightly weak performance of critics on the spot.

Last Friday was the star in place in Gothenburg and at Scandinavium.

- We sat and chatted, everything seemed to be fine. If he was sick, it was at least nothing that appeared on him, says Julius Malmström.

Art Garfunkel was also present during the rehearsal and briefing inside the Scandinavium.

- An hour before the concert, I was informed that one of the soloists were missing. It turned out that said to be Art Garfunkel - his musicians sat on the ground and waited and had no idea what had happened. Neither my American colleagues could give a decisive answer.

At the hotel in central Gothenburg had no details and the star, and when the bus with artists and musicians would roll to Malmö on Saturday Garfunkel was not and he appeared not up to tonight's concert.

First on Sunday lifted the mists surrounding the mystery.

- Then we learned that he was ill and that he was on a plane to New York, says Julius Malmström and continues:

- The whole thing is very strange, I do not think I throughout my long career as a booker and organizer experienced something similar, that a great artist just disappear like that ... While I can considering his greatness to think it all feels sad and unpleasant. I do not want his long and successful career should end with sad memories.

Dare you book Garfunkel again?

- I do not judge, but first I want to know why it was as it was, he says.

After the events in Gothenburg and Malmö Julius Malmstrom received calls from people who feel disappointed.

- We have succeeded through mail reach most. Although this was a concert packages with a variety of acts, so I know that there are those who bought tickets just to see Art Garfunkel. In those cases, we try to find the appropriate compensation, money or similar concert, says Julius Malmström.

===========
Not so flattering to Garfunkel. I'm certainly glad I didn't go. I had bad vibes about this concert already when it was announced.

Lina K
Oct-01-2012, 12:31 GMT
Sweden

Thank you! I was there at the show, and I heard them announce it. We already knew that they may not happen, but this was pretty weird behavior, I must say.

Håkan
Oct-01-2012, 13:16 GMT

Even if his singing voice was bad, he could still talk, couldn't he? He could have informed the concert organizer, spoken to the band, giving them SOME time to prepare the necessary change to the concert.

Scaaty
Oct-01-2012, 13:51 GMT
Ireland

Art Garfunkel has recently described his voice as his no 1 friend and how it affected him when the friend went missing. In the S&G years - his voice was his raison D'etre versus simons songwriting talents - this seems to be where he has been stuck all these years. So when the voice goes what else is there? Artie's illness may not be just physical so perhaps he wasn't in a position to talk. Let's not make any judgement and perhaps contributing to his problems until we hear the full story.

Håkan
Oct-01-2012, 14:18 GMT

Well, he could have written a note then!

Brenda
Oct-04-2012, 22:57 GMT
Australia

A statement from Art's management re the cancelled shows in October

http://blog.newsok.com/bamsblog/2012/10/04/art-gar
funkel-cancels-nov-2-tulsa-concert-for-health-reas
ons/

Bodo
Oct-04-2012, 23:12 GMT
Austria

I somehow doubt he will ever perform again a full show.

Brenda
Oct-05-2012, 00:27 GMT
Australia

Totally agree Bodo! Though Art has not given up. He still seems hopeful of regaining his voice. Nothing said about Sweden in that management statement! Very weird.

Anthony
Apr-27-2013, 20:59 GMT

I've read Art has a great fear of the audience! While I could
never get up before an audience just to talk, if you have done
this for ages, what's there to be afraid of?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 952 ]

Brenda
Apr-29-2013, 02:23 GMT
Australia

His voice not being what it was.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 900 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread