Bottom

HeadlineArrangement of threads

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Julie
May-27-2003, 10:12 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Not very busy here yet. Could it be because people are seeing threads 1 to 10 and not realising that there are further threads on a different "page". I´ve only just realised that there are further threads to read. I had presumed that thread 10 was the most recent one!

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 532 ]

Julie
May-27-2003, 10:16 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Sorry, it was just the way things were set out on my computer plus the fact that I can´t read properly !

Bodo 
May-27-2003, 13:38 GMT
IP:
Unknown

It seems to be very quiet around Paul in the last weeks or?
Only a few postings in the NG, no postings at NALS, also here it´s quiet.
Are the Paul Simon fan´s still alive? :-)

But I also don´t know what to write at the moment, no news at the moment.
I hope that I can get the clip of Paul and Willy singin Homeward Bound - could you watch that Julie?

Julie
May-27-2003, 17:28 GMT
IP:
Unknown

It wasn´t shown here in the UK but a friend in the USA has offered to lend me her video of it ( and also the one that was done for Willies 60th ) so I can tape it but I´m too scared to accept in case it get´s lost in the post. As for it being quiet in the NG , you´re right, we need someone to say something controversial to spark some discussions off. Perhaps we need some new blood !

Bodo
May-27-2003, 17:40 GMT
IP:
Unknown

in the NG like peter kook who makes everybody angry ;-)

And I don´t want to start a discussion about Iraq (and the missing mass desctruction weapons hehe) again :-))

But at the time I´m very busy. I´m working on the new design of this site. And therefore I have to change every page (about 200 pages with all bootlegs a.s.o.)

In the german forum we had a discussion about Art...why do Paul Simon fans don´t like Artie?

Bodo 
May-27-2003, 17:43 GMT
IP:
Unknown

which can play NTSC I guess?
I don´t think that the tape will get lost... I never lost anything in the last 3 years.
(Even a DVD which travelled 3 months around the world - USA-Australia-USA-Austria came
-> and then I got it double because I complained that it didn´t came, and the´ve send it again)

But we need someone in the USA who can capture a divx from TV...that would be much easier to share over the internet.

Julie
May-27-2003, 19:47 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Good point. One of the video´s will play NTSC but not the other so I don´t know if I could record from one to the other.

Julie
May-27-2003, 20:00 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Perhaps not.

Definately not !

What are you changing ? Can´t believe you´ve put that list of bootlegs back up after all that trouble last time.

I think it´s just the Artie bashers who are more vocal.

Bodo
May-28-2003, 10:01 GMT
IP:
Unknown

The whole design.

You can have a first look here: This is only a first version of the design, there are no functional pages behind it:
New site

About the bootleg site - Nicolas once said that it should be okay if I write that I don´t have any of these and it´s only a list for people to look what exists. (And I don´t trade or sell...) I also have deleted the email entry so that no one can contact me.
(And the last time when this lawyer contacted me there was standing : If you want to trade please contact me - email )

Also Rudie Riets site or the spanish site have some bootlegs listed, so I think it should be okay.

Bodo
May-28-2003, 10:02 GMT
IP:
Unknown

I don´t think so, but at least the result will not look very good - the picture from converted tapes is very unsharp and has too much color-contrast.

Julie
May-28-2003, 11:43 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Looks good so far. Perhaps you could put a link to AMPS on your new look site ! (But that might take people away from your own forum ).

Bodo 
May-28-2003, 12:17 GMT
IP:
Unknown

But a link to AMPS wouldn´t work AFAIK - because AMPS is a newsgroup and you need a newsgroup reader (Outlook for example) to read it.

Julie
May-28-2003, 13:06 GMT
IP:
Unknown

There´s a link on Joey´s site that works. That´s how I found Amps. At the time I knew nothing about newsgroups or newsreaders. Just clicked on the link and the computer did the rest for me.

Natgertsch
May-28-2003, 15:07 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Yes, it´s very quiet everywhere but Paul really doesn´t help us alot ! :-)We all hope we won´t have to wait too long for the new album !

Nathalie

Bodo 
May-28-2003, 15:57 GMT
IP:
Unknown

Until November or December I guess...
That´s really a long time, hope he will do some charity concerts in that time..

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread