HeadlineiTunes DVD v.2 (better sound)

Page: [1] [2]

AuthorComment

Bodo  
Jul-18-2011, 17:29 GMT
Austria

Use VUZE to download
http://paul-simon.info/PS3.torrent

This is the 2nd version, with enhanced sound on those songs.
H&B - Mystery Train - Wheels
Slip Sliding Away
The Afterlife
The Obvious Child
Late In The Evening

Sound is much better, especially on The obvious child and Late in the evening, because they remixed the songs new.

Sorry, I did not have access to these files earlier. So if you need them, download it.

I will add a 2nd computer for uploading, so it should be much faster (if there is interest on that file)

Oh - and I just learned that it is possible to create something like a DIVX-DVD (HD). I will try to create that too. It is not playable on most(older or cheaper) DVD standalone players, the player needs a "divx certificate" on it. It is like a DVD, but video is encoded in divx format, with much better quality (1280*720p) and also chapters and a menu.
Anyway, if you play it on your computer, a divx-DVD would be the best choice I guess.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 350 ]

Patata
Jul-18-2011, 21:35 GMT
Germany

I´ll get that one too and help to seed once my download will be finished.

Just one question:
What happened to Vol. 2 and 3? :-P
Just kidding ;)

Bodo
Jul-18-2011, 21:43 GMT
Austria

Vol 4. will be finished soon ;-) Vol 2 was exactly 2 MB too big for a DVD...

I managed to find out how to produce a divx-DVD, that will be Vol 4. Not bad at all, it is nearly the same as your avi file, but named .divx , a container including a menu, and playable on some standalone players. I made a HD-divx (720p), so not all standalone players can play it, but HD is definately better. I only have to re-encode it now, because with the menu the file was too big.

Scaaty  
Jul-18-2011, 21:59 GMT
Ireland

something is happen ing volume 4 is downloading in Vuze!! even if it ´ll take 8hours. thanks bodo you´re the best

Scaaty
Jul-18-2011, 23:01 GMT
Ireland

more like 1 day!!

Bodo
Jul-19-2011, 00:37 GMT
Austria

Ah...this Volume 4 is just confusing maybe. PS3.torrent is the DVD with the better sound from the iTunes mini CD.

Tomorrow a new version will come with divx (does someone need that?).

Jon
Jul-19-2011, 02:08 GMT
Unknown

Yea I´d like to download the HD version. Will the HD version have the enhanced sound on the select songs?

Gerard
Jul-19-2011, 06:47 GMT
New Zealand

Hi Bodo, thanks for all your good work.
I too would like the HD version because I have just learned to burn these to Dual Layer Discs with 8.5 G capacity.

Is version 4 just a joke, or will you really be creating a full HD version with the enhanced sound? I can´t download anymore until my new month starting next week.

I have also converted the original avi file into DVD files for burning and noticed that my Nero10 program reduced the bit rate from 8000 bits/sec to about 4200 bits. On my second attempt I made it not reduce from 8000 bits and the resulting video is noticeably better, although the DVD files expanded from the avi 4.3GB size up to 6.5GB.

kris
Jul-19-2011, 07:10 GMT
Denmark

Yes, I would very much like a divx dvd, Bodo. I know that my dvd player can handle that format, so that would be great. Thank you for all the hard work, Bodo. You´re the best.

Bodo
Jul-19-2011, 09:55 GMT
Austria

Hi Gerard

I do not think that NERO has a good mpeg2 encoder. The DVD I made has an average bitrate of 4700 kbps, but that is not the point, the maximum is around 9000, while the minimum is 0. The video get´s encoded for 2 times, the first time it calculates which scenes really need 9000 kbps, and which are just the same frames and so do not need a lot of space. The second times it encodes the video with these informations. The iTunes video does not have a lot of fast moves, Paul is standing there very static (and it is not an action movie), so most of the time the scenes do not need 8000 kbps.

I have a divx containerfile now, size is 4200 MB.

@Kris: I can not guarantee that i will work on a standalone player, it really needs a certified divx label. With the software divx on my computer it is working.

Bodo
Jul-19-2011, 09:56 GMT
Austria

@Patata, what encoder was used for the original file? You said it was about 6GB, wasn´t it?

Bodo
Jul-19-2011, 10:00 GMT
Austria

ok...have just read, the original was 2 GB? Thats really a good quality for a 2 GB file.

Patata
Jul-19-2011, 15:51 GMT
Germany

No the "real" original was around 100GB because of the codec that fraps uses. I recoded it to an ~6GB Avi file in 720p, cause it was easier to create the Mp3s and other versions from that file. The 2GB file was recoded once again. It wasn´t HD anymore, just 640x360 (Nokia calls that nHD).
The only encoder I´ve used all the time was VirtualDub with different codecs (tried many different to find one that gives the best results for me)

Scaaty
Jul-19-2011, 17:02 GMT
Ireland

for some reason Vuze calls it volume 4 but when you click on it it comes up as torrentPS3 - mine is still down loading some safety concious person put down the lid of my laptop over night

Patata
Jul-23-2011, 13:26 GMT
Germany

I´ll seed this torrent from two different places for a while. Means that there will be at least 20Mbit download capacity. So if you want to get this DVD version it should be the best time to grab it now ;)

Page: [1] [2]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread