Headline

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Ans Koenen
Jan-26-2004, 16:55 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Paul is going to meet Dalai Lama.
I think it´s a great honour and Paul will be very happy that he can meet him. You can read the article in the news section.

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 262 ]

Bodo
Jan-26-2004, 17:04 GMT
IP:
Austria

Where is the article Ans?

Ans Koenen
Jan-26-2004, 19:03 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

We had some trouble to upload the picture, but I see that you could fix it. Do you know if we have to mention the whole source where we found the article, my son says that you can´t copy articles without mentioning the whole link.

Bodo
Jan-26-2004, 23:50 GMT
IP:
Austria

About the picture: You always should write the http://www. when writing a link, because if you forget that then the server thinks that the picture is on paul-simon.info and add´s http://www.paul-simon.info/members.lycos...... to the link, and it will not work.

The articles are really a little bit a problem. Some of them are so Old that no one will ever ask for a copyright, but on new articles they always write now that it´s not allowed to re-print them. If someone ask´s I´ll delete a specific article (or picture).

Sumit 
Jan-28-2004, 04:03 GMT
IP:
Australia

Now I finally have something incommon with Paul Simon. I went on a great trek with my Mum to Dharamshala (the Dalai Lama´s residence) in 1994. It was quite an experience. Being an Indian I was used to the conditions of travel but I wasn´t prepared for the freezing cold atop the Himalayan Ranges. A train trip from New Delhi followed by a substantial car ride along the foothills of the Himalayan mountain ranges and then a steep climb up a hill to the monastery. Unfortunately the Dalai Lama was visiting overseas at the time but we stayed in the private lodgings for 3 days. Quite a pleasureable experience!!

The beautiful thing about the Dharamshala (which means a "A Haven of Religion" in Sanskrit)is that if you look out to the left you can see a narrow and winding path that leads to Tibet. It is the route many monks take from Tibet to come and seek counsel from the Dalai Lama. It is belived to be the route the Dalai Lama himself took in 1959.

Bodo
Jan-28-2004, 13:45 GMT
IP:
Austria

You were staying at the private lodgings of the Dalai Lama? Wow that sounds great.

Sumit 
Jan-28-2004, 22:17 GMT
IP:
Australia

Bodo,
Nothing special about it. They have hundreds of visitors every month. So the have set up a private lodging for the guests. I think Paul would be staying there too maybe.

Micky 
Jan-29-2004, 00:42 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Now THAT is an interview I would LOVE to see. Two great men I admire!!!

Any idea where it is to be shown and when?

Hugs

Micky

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread