Headlinequestion

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

kate
Dec-31-2003, 03:53 GMT
IP:
China

hi,

i was on this board months ago, and i´m wondering if there´s any one who still remember me...i´ve been checking here regularly though i posted only once.

now i´ve got a qstn:
is Paul Simon´s Concert in Central Park 1991 released on dvd? i´ve some friend who can bring thing from abroad for me, and if it was released on dvd, i´ll ask him to get me that, if not, i´ll ask him to get me Rhythm Of The Saints...

thanks,
happy new year...

kate

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 308 ]

David
Dec-31-2003, 12:49 GMT
IP:
Germany

Yes it is. Enjoy, and happy new year too.

Bodo
Dec-31-2003, 14:04 GMT
IP:
Austria

Ehm, No it isn´t released on DVD.

On DVD you can buy:

Paul Simon live at the Tower 80
S&G 81 CP
African Concert 87
The making of Graceland
You´re The One 2000

kate 
Jan-02-2004, 06:26 GMT
IP:
China

oh, why don´t they?

but thank you anyway...

Bodo
Jan-02-2004, 16:35 GMT
IP:
Austria

I think it will be released in the next months. Paul´s soncert at the Tower from 1980 was released in October, maybe the demand on that video was higher because no one could buy it anywhere.
But maybe they release Paul Simons video from 1975 (Simply Simon) as the next one. It´s not available anywhere on VHS.
But I guess they now realized that there is a big demand on these DVD´s because CP81 and the Tower concert have been released in 2003 now.

David
Jan-02-2004, 18:54 GMT
IP:
Germany

I am sure I saw Paul´s Concert In The Park on DVD in the stores in New York at the begining of December. However it might have just a laser-disc, which sadly won´t play on a DVD player. Sorry for getting it wrong. Certainly the Tower is now available on DVD, as is S&G Park. Strange that a concert so widely available on VHS has yet to hit the commercial goldmine that is DVD.

Bodo
Jan-02-2004, 19:06 GMT
IP:
Austria

On amazon.com they say that CP81 is Nr. 3 in Israel.
It could have been a Laser Disc, they are widely available in the USA (or more than here in Europe)
It´s really strange how Old Laser Discs are sometimes, I think this system is older than Audio Discs. The Tower concert from 1980 is also available on Laser Disc.

It might also have been an illegal print of the CP91 DVD importet from south asia.. I´m sure the concert is available there somewhere on DVD or SVCD, maybe a copy from an Laser Disc

Chris
Jan-03-2004, 11:09 GMT
IP:
Hong Kong

I live in Hong Kong which is in Southeastern Asia. But no, CP91´s not on dvd or vcd here. NOt even VHS! I had to order it from amazon. But with the release of the Tower Concert on dvd, I have a feeling that CP91 will be released on DVD too sooner or later. I think S&G´s more well-known here as the sales of cp81 is good, though I like only Paul.

Kate
Jan-03-2004, 11:50 GMT
IP:
China

But there might be an illegal copy. You never know what you can get in the illegal copy market here.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread