HeadlineThose Ebay-DVDs...

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Kuno 
Dec-22-2003, 17:45 GMT
IP:
Switzerland

Hi all

Has anybody seen one of those dvds of the actual tour that are available on ebay yet?

I´m wondering about the quality...I mean, if it´s the same quality as the short Cecilia-clip, then I don´t really have to see it.

I mean i am still 100% sure that there will be a release of an official dvd next year. We know that they don´t have a problem to release stuff on dvd in general....considering that this is/was the last tour together, they can not leave it "unrecorded". And when it´s recorded, then it´s going to be released ! They cannot release a whole buch of best-of-albums, and miss the chance to release something that is really interesting for the fans.

To be on topic again: I will buy the official dvd anyway, but i was just wondering if anybody has seen a whole show on dvd...and if it´s worth to consider a purchase on ebay....can´t wait until next spring or so...

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 303 ]

Bodo
Dec-23-2003, 00:23 GMT
IP:
Austria

I have Wilkes Barre.
It´s not worth to buy it if there is an official one, because the quality is never so good. I traded the DVD.
I also have read about a Miami DVD on AMPS and I maybe will buy it because i visited this show and it is something special to have a show on video you have seen live.
Anyway I´m not going to pay more than 20-30$ for this thing.

I´m a little bit angry that people in the upper rows can tape and film a show while I had 5 guys around me watching if I take a photo from 50 meters distance - they are so stupid there, I don´t make a f*** penny with that picture but these guys can sell the videos on ebay - and these security guys only nerve ME. Idiots!

Julie
Dec-23-2003, 10:11 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

We might have to wait a long time for the official DVD to come out. The bootleg that I have (on computer disc ) isn´t best quality but it will keep me happy untill I get the official one.(Lots of shots of heads cut off etc and poor sound quality )

Bodo
Dec-23-2003, 10:40 GMT
IP:
Austria

Is it the one from MSG?

Well Wilkes Barre is much better, it´s from the upper rows so you don´t see the audience, but sometimes the guy films just the black ceiling for some seconds. Also he zoomed from a far distance so it isn´t a really clear and sharp image

Julie
Dec-23-2003, 11:13 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

It is the W.B. show. Probably the same one as you have although I don´t remember shots of a black ceiling ! I´ve only watched the first disc as I only got it yesterday and I get shouted at if I hog the computer too long.As it is just a bootleg I was actually quite impressed with the quality.

Bodo
Dec-23-2003, 11:47 GMT
IP:
Austria

Ah sorry, I didn´t read exactly (I thought lot´s of head´s of audience members are on the picture)
You are right, this filmer is absolute crazy, he always cut´s away people higher than 1.70 LOL. Well good for the Paul Simon fans ;-)
Maybe he didn´t like Art´s hairstyle? LOL
But I´m not 100% sure if I can blame the camera man for that error, maybe someone made an error when he made the DVD (changed the format and so cut away a lot of things?)
It really would be stupid to film it that way or?
But it´s the only DVD where you can see Paul playing ´Song For The Asking´ so its something special IMO (Tipp: watch the 2nd CD Julie to see Paul doing his deserved solo song)

Kuno 
Dec-23-2003, 18:07 GMT
IP:
Switzerland

Is the quality the same as the Cecilia-clip on http://www.dreamerofmusic.com ?

or is it better than that ?

Bodo
Dec-23-2003, 22:56 GMT
IP:
Austria

Well I haven´t downloaded that clip but I guess the video is compressed on thedreamerofmusic so the DVD must be better

Micky
Dec-24-2003, 02:51 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

How do you download that clip? I tried but it seemed to be trying to download the wave file.

Hugs

Micky

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread