Bottom

HeadlineArt Garfunkel

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Bodo
Jan-02-2004, 16:51 GMT
IP:
Austria

IMO the actor career of Art (and also Paul) was a big mistake, and it also was one of the main reasons why the duo split. I think Paul always had the feeling that Art got more applause than he, and especially in 1969 and ´70 when Bridge became a hit.
And then Art started his movie career also, he left Paul alone. Paul was the worker and creator of the albums, Artie came, changed some sounds and got the applause - a bad job for Paul.

The 2nd thing I want to say is that I don´t believe that S&G would have ever written a better song/album than Bridge. S&G had the sound of the 60´s and they wrote song´s for the 60´s. If they would have been together another 20 years then they would be as famous as the Everly Brothers or the Beach Boys and their last hit would have been written in 1976 or so.... Today the only get so much audience and money because they are doing these reunion concerts only every 10 years and everyone thinks it´s for the last time now.
If they now make a US tour in 2004 and one in 2005 they will sing for an audience of around 3000 - 8000 maximum in 2005 I think (except NY which is always their home town)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 337 ]

Marieno
Jan-03-2004, 15:20 GMT
IP:
France

I agree with Bodo and Ans...i have already explained my point a view about Garfunkel...
But what makes me really angry is that for 30 years, Paul tried to make people forget S&G: "i was the songwriter (the famous "author, author" from the BATRT video...), i write better songs now, i was not artistically free, S&G are only 6 years of my career..."; and now, here we go again...i´m not angry against Garfunkel but against Paul; i don´t understand him...if it´s only a question of money, it´s very sad... if it´s an addiction to Garfunkel,he should go to a good analyst...

Ans Koenen
Jan-03-2004, 17:11 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Well, the real reason why he decided to tour again with Art we will probably never know, but I hope it´s not for the money, I think he doesn´t need more money, I recently read in an Old interview, the journalist asked him why he would go on with making music because he earned a lot of money already with S&G and he said that he was not in the music for money he couldn´t imagine a life without making music, he would probably go crazy without writing music and songs.
He also said in this interview that in the beginning he was very angry with Art going acting and leave him alone.

So maybe it´s because he´s getting older and he wants peace with Art and maybe he wanted to do it for the fans. Just my speculations.
But reading the last reviews and story´s from people who have been there I think the tour lasted to long and Paul seemed to be regretting it.

I will see if I can´t find the article where I read it and put it in the article section.

Ans Koenen 
Jan-03-2004, 19:35 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I have posted the article in the article section, I think Bodo is right that you can hear the pain in his voice in The Only Living Boy In New York.

Bodo
Jan-04-2004, 13:29 GMT
IP:
Austria

Thanks for the article Ans. I´ve seen you´ve included a picture, very good :-)

Ans Koenen 
Jan-04-2004, 16:13 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

For the picture I have to give the credit to my youngest son.
I go as far as to copy articles or download music and videoclips, but I´m still learning, my sons are good teachers *g*.

Bodo 
Jan-06-2004, 02:02 GMT
IP:
Austria

Yes that´s really cool that David can write Dutch, Ans started to be a German-master because no one else here was speaking Dutch :-)

But I know that there are so many Dutch PS fan´s on the web... but maybe they don´t know the site.

BTW. Does anyone know what happened to the site thesoundofsimon.com ? Jose said that the dreamerofmusic doesn´t have to do anything with that site, but since they have the new webpage the Old one disappeared...

Ans Koenen
Jan-06-2004, 07:01 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

I asked Jose, send him a email some time ago, he said they were so busy these days with their work they forgot to pay to keep the site on the net. But they said to him they would be back, that´s why Jose still got the link of their site on his site.

There are 18 fans on the data base but hardly any response on the dutch forum, think they know the site but maybe to busy:-) to visit it.

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread