HeadlineLive at the tower

Page: [1]

AuthorComment

Amber 
Dec-07-2003, 21:30 GMT
IP:
Netherlands

Hi,

has anybody already seen the dvd live at the tower?

Use SEND to share on Facebook or A.M.P.S

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 291 ]

Marieno 
Dec-08-2003, 18:46 GMT
IP:
France

No, never saw it even in video...

Helen
Dec-09-2003, 23:21 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

I have an Old video, though it´s not called ´Live at the Tower´, it does say on the back that the performance was on October 7, 1980 at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia. Is this the same one?

David Owen
Dec-10-2003, 02:43 GMT
IP:
Germany

Yes.

Micky
Dec-10-2003, 03:57 GMT
IP:
United Kingdom

Nope...would Love to :-)

Hugs

Micky

David Owen 
Dec-10-2003, 17:58 GMT
IP:
Germany

Micky, it´s availbale on ebay for around US$20. Or in stores in UK for around GBP15. A great concert. Especially the girl singing along to SoS. It´ll send shivers down your spine!

Claire
Dec-11-2003, 09:00 GMT
IP:
Germany

The concert was recorded in Philidelphia on 7th October 1980 during the One-Trick Pony tour and features amazing performances of Simon´s hits such as 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, Late In The Evening, Me an Julio Down By The Schoolyard as well as Simon and Garfunkel numbers such as The Boxer and The Sound Of Silence.
Simon´s band are the band that appear in the One-Trick Pony movie and sound excellent on the lesser known tunes such as One-Trick Pony, Ace In The Hole and Jonah. In fact this video is the only place that these songs are available live.
Simon looks comfortable with the crowd and chats amiably between songs speaking to audience members who call out to him. Someone calls out Happy Birthday to which Simon says "It´s not my birthday" which is followed by an exchange about the fact that the guy in the audience would not see Simon on his birthday - so he says "I accept"!
Paul Simon´s voice is strong and clear on every song and it is clear why the soundtrack to this concert was widely bootlegged on audio CD in the 1990s.

Page: [1]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread