Start a new Thread

Bottom

HeadlineConcert in the park on dvd?

Page: [1] [2] [3]

AuthorComment

Ron
Jun-17-2016, 13:30 GMT
Germany

no no, Hakan, I'm looking for the DVD-version of it, for which the source was the Laserdisc...
thanks
Ron

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2607 ]

Bodo
Jun-22-2016, 01:41 GMT
USA - United Staates America

How high is the general interest on that video today, by all fans?

This year(2016) it is the 25th anniversary of the Central Park concert by Paul Simon. So, we have around 2000 people that joined our campaign in 5 years. (see link to campaign on right side of this website) This is a nice number, but not a really high one. I understand that there is no big interest by the fans and by the record lables to release this Video again on DVD. Maybe it would cost more to make picture and sound restoration on that video than they could earn on it*s sales.

Who of you is really that hard interested in a DVD or BluRay that he/she would spend a 100$ or more on a crowdfunding project - that should kickstart the production of such a Video? Maybe the 25th anniversary could help us a little bit go get in touch with Pauls management about that video and idea.... If 500 people are spending 100$, that would be 50.000$ for production costs and copyright fees to the current company holding all the rights on this video. Who is in?
https://www.kickstarter.com/

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2471 ]

Brenda
Jun-22-2016, 08:47 GMT
Australia

I would be in on the project Bodo !

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2445 ]

Michiel
Jun-22-2016, 19:48 GMT
Netherlands

Hi Bodo, I would be in also, but only for Bluray, not DVD. I guess the source material would not have the Bluray pixel definition, however maybe it has. For example, I have a concert on Bluray from 1970 from Leonard Cohen on the Isle of Wight in the UK which has superior image quality due to the original being shot on real film instead of TV video...

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2409 ]

Bodo
Jun-23-2016, 02:59 GMT

Michiel - the original was shot by TV, in 4:3 format. So it will never be like film.
But a lot can be done by picture restoration. I have the Queen 1986 Wembley Video (which was shot at very bad quality then, and they restored it frame by frame to an excellent video.)
Anyway: That costs money, and I do not think anyone is interested in spending money on producing that BluRay or DVD today. I am not even sure if they would spend money on producing a nice DTS sound, or if they would just take the STEREO sound from 1991 and put it on the video.
The problem is (I guess), that there just not enough people out there buying that video today.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2378 ]

Bodo
Jun-23-2016, 03:00 GMT

I just was surprised that I found this on Amazon.com (I mean the comment)
For the One Trick Pony movie DVD

When sold by Amazon.com, this product will be manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.

Wow. I did not know they do it that way.
So you see, that is the demand on a Paul Simon DVD. Maybe Central Park has some more, but it will not sell a 10.000 copies in a year I guess.
So, how can we ever get this show?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2377 ]

Bodo
Jun-23-2016, 03:04 GMT

I can at least write a letter to the management and ask if they think about a release for the 25th anniversary of the concert this year...

With those things it is always the same: There is never the right moment to release that stuff now. And then 10 years pass by. It seems there is less interst now than 5 years ago.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2376 ]

Michiel
Jun-24-2016, 09:34 GMT
Netherlands

Maybe a silly question. But why don't we do it ourselves? For example, I have all the equipment to transfer a VHS or a Video8 to DVD, which would of course be a DVD produced by a burner , so not a - how do you call that - pressed version. I transformed a lot of video to avi the past years. I guess the answer is that you would like to have a pretty one, so pressed, with a nice label etc??

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2329 ]

Michiel
Jun-24-2016, 09:36 GMT
Netherlands

(If I only had a laserdisc player iit would also be possible for me to make a burnt DVD from it)

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2328 ]

Bodo
Jun-24-2016, 15:26 GMT

The quality of the video on the transfered LD is not really amazing. Picture is noisy with jpg artefacts.
Sound is still stereo.
And even some songs are cut.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2296 ]

Struisiu
Nov-23-2016, 17:45 GMT
France

Hello friends,
While surfing over the Internet, I found this video : [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=232&v=yfBB2NG93-Q ]
Can anyone tell me where it fits in the original concert ?

By the way, I have a DVD copy of the laserdisc (including "The Coast" from the VHS tape).

If anyone interested, let me know what is the most convenient service to send over 8.3GB of data (it's a double layer DVD and the quality is as nice as can be).

Or contact me directly via PM.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2071 ]

Struisiu
Nov-23-2016, 17:49 GMT
France

Correct link sorry : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfBB2NG93-Q

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2069 ]

Struisiu
Nov-23-2016, 22:40 GMT
France

I've posted on WeTransfer a sample of my DVD.
Here it is : [ https://we.tl/wf2G9IjEzF ]
(It will be available for 7 days from now on).

If I could get my hands on a decent copy of the original broadcast with the three missing tracks (cecilia ; you can call me al with chevy chase and the track of michael brecker dogs in the winehouse) I could make a nice complete show on DVD. My source already has "The coast" from the official VHS in it.

So if you have some decent source please contact me via PM.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 2023 ]

Matthew
Nov-24-2016, 18:31 GMT

Hi Struisiu

I could host the 8.3GB in a dropbox folder - as below. If you let me have your e-mail address I can give you edit permissions to upload there.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/emzgsbo2w3s68l5/AABYKMpYlRSyn1mH6qGHXeWga?dl=0

Would that work?

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1973 ]

Struisiu
Nov-25-2016, 11:04 GMT
France

Sent you a PM.

[Like] [Reply] - [Readers: 1912 ]

Page: [1] [2] [3]

Forum Mainpage

Start a new Thread